Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started working at a local HD dealer in sales. They have 2 used 1300s in stock. Nobody knows anything about them. The '06 I think is definitely a Retro, but the '05 looks like a Retro, but has spoked wheels.

Help me here. Thanks,

David

·
Registered
230 Posts
David,

as far as I know the R is the retro and has cast wheels. The S is for spoked wheels I believe. I think this is the only difference. I could be wrong, but this is the only difference I've heard or seen. Hope this helps!

Curtis

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, is one more desirable than the other? I personally hate cleaning spokes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would have to say they are pretty even. Some guys love the spoke looks and others like the cast wheels. I like the cast wheels because they are was easier to clean! The spokes are really cool looking, but I kinda see half and half. I think on this site I may actually see more guys with the R model. Maybe they just speak up more or maybe I'm just not seeing all the posts. I don't think one is highly preferred over the other, just my opinion.

Curtis

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I own the R. Last bike had spokes. The cast wheels are much easier to clean and are tubeless which makes a tire road repair much easier.

And last but not least the red ones are the fastes of the lot!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Other than the advantage of being able to plug a tubeless tire, it really comes down to personal taste.

Putting the bike up on a jack or Pepsx stand makes wheel cleaning a snap.
I have the spokes and have found that if I keep up with them (I clean than 1x every 2 weeks) they look sharp. JMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts