Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...is this what I think it is? The 30amp main fuse? I've got no power to anything on the bike. It's dead as a doornail and I'm pretty sure it was due to some wiring I was doing last night. I think I shorted something and had too big of a fuse in the headlight socket, so I think I fried the main fuse. Would this be it and if so....is it part # 98200-33000?
It says 2DL 3.0 on the top of it.

Been havin a devil of a time finding it. Any Honda dealer is at least a 2 hour round trip for me, so I suppose I'll just order it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rainman,
That looks to be more than just a fuse. For one it has three terminals and another is that it has two diode schematic symbols on the top of it. I would guess some kind of directional electrical device. Kind of like an electrical current cop. I am sure someone who is more knowledgeable will chime in. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
its show where its at on pg 164 of your owners manual. cant quite tell by the pic but it looks like the rest of the fuses with 2 spades not three. my service manual is at home, so i cant look it up in there till later

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
i think what you pulled was the starter magnetic switch

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram for the 1300, the unit seems to be used as a logical OR gate, so that if the clutch switch is on, and the netral indicator is on, then a signal is sent to the ICM module. This would tell the icm That it is ok to energise the ignition system.

Just a guess...

But it still looks like a proprietary part to solve the designers wiring dillemas.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram for the 1300, the unit seems to be used as a logical OR gate, so that if the clutch switch is on, or the neutral indicator is on, then a signal is sent to the ICM module. This would tell the icm That it is ok to energise the ignition system.

Just a guess...

But it still looks like a proprietary part to solve the designers wiring dillemas.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok Gentlemen...mystery solved. The part I took the photo of is indeed a diode. MANY MANY thanks to silvervtx04s, who knew the correct location of the 30amp (non-mini blade) fuse that was to the lower left of the main fusebox. Turns out my 30amp fuse was indeed blown and after replacing it, I'm back in business again. Thanks guys!

Rainman

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I just loged in to tell you where it was, i had to look in the service manual, then find it on the bike. but it looks like a nevermind to me...
glad you found the problem.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Don't feel bad man! I did the same thing, and it's a bitch to find that fuse even when the book tells you where it is. At least now we both know. I carry a couple of spares in case my mechanical talents lead me there again! :lol:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
There is a fuse under it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts