Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much our aluminum wheels (front and rear) weigh?

I am looking to ship my wheels and am trying to get an idea before I do.

I am guessing like40 lbs with the tires mounted....so maybe 35 with the tires off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Does anyone know how much our aluminum wheels (front and rear) weigh?

I am looking to ship my wheels and am trying to get an idea before I do.

I am guessing like40 lbs with the tires mounted....so maybe 35 with the tires off?

Thanks!
The back wheel with stock tire mounted weighed 45# if I remember correctly from when I shipped mine.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Might be able to get shipping weight from HDL.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly!

But it doesnt matter now.

The wheels are off, in my truck and ready to be demounted.

When it comes down to it, these puppies are getting chromed....damn the shipping costs....LOL

(Sometimes I overthink things) :shock:

Now comes the bigger problem. 3-4 weeks with NO RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
...........it hurts already. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You don't have to wait like that. Somebody help me with just who it is but there is a company that will exchange new chromed wheels for yours.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't have to wait like that. Somebody help me with just who it is but there is a company that will exchange new chromed wheels for yours.
I am not getting traditional chrome done...I am getting my wheels chromed with "Permastar".......

....its 1-2 weeks turnaround time once they get my wheels, and about a week each way from PA to CA via UPS. :cry:

Going Permastar because I had serious concerns about A) regular chrome holding up well on my stock rims and B) regular chrome holding up on my rims in the road alt and such that I ride in year round.

Permastar is supposed to be superior to standard dipped chrome in both appearance and how it holds up.

Time will tell I guess. :-?

·
Registered
193 Posts
We will need pics of the wheels when done. Write up a review on how they look and how they hold up. Inquiring minds want to know. This may be the new trend.:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will need pics of the wheels when done. Write up a review on how they look and how they hold up. Inquiring minds want to know. This may be the new trend.:dontknow:
I don't know if that is going to be possible.

If you look at the type of posts I leave, I typically dont like to give me opinion on things......
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Dont worry, you can be sure that I will have pics up and plenty of opinion on the process....

I am just crossing my fingers that this works out well...I wont be able to sleep well until the wheels are back. LOL

The chart that I was sent showing the test reults for the process seem to indicate it should hold up very well......

http://permastar.com/pdf_files/OEM%20Test%20%20Matrix.PDF

and the pictures on their site say the rest.....those are the two most critical things to me.

I mean, the pics are beautiful. I think the pipe guard picture is the best image a it shows a perfectly smooth surface.

But I am the eternal cynic, so I wont be convonced till I see it work for me. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts