Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get an opinion on what type of pipes people were putting on there X retro and the loudness.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for something with a good rumble to it but at the same time I don't want to be deaf for 2 days after I ride.

G

·
0 Posts
Cobra Speedsters. They won't make you deaf, but they sound and look great. At idle they are nice and deep. At highway speed....you know they're there, but it's not too loud.

·
Registered
317 Posts
HK 3" Big Straights. Baffles in...deep-n-loud! 8)

Look around though, there's lots of great looking/sounding pipes for this bike.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
pipes for an"R"

:pepper1: :pepper1: i went with the speedsters. great sound built in crossover great fit and finish. also have removable baffles. 8) 8)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Seems like evryone loves there pipes.I have HK 3" on mine.I love them.They look very similiar to the cobra speedsters I guess by looking at the picture couple above. I have heard and seen the Hks sometimes have or seem to get a chip on them.Mine has 1 at the very end 1/2 inch in.I dont think there as raspy sounding as cobras just deeper.
It all depends if you put a custom air box on too.
Some people seem to like the shorter pipes on there bike.I think the R looks best with long pipes it compliments the lines on it and stays with the retro look.
Have fun,be safe!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have the V&H BigShots on my VTX and I love the way they sound, very deep and not blatty at all. I have the standard baffles in and they've even gotten better as time goes on and miles pile up.

They can get pretty loud when you get into the upper revs or wide open throttle, but I can easily ride through my subdivision at 1-2am and keep it quiet enough not to disturb anyone or my 2month old son, even when pulling in the garage, which is right under his room.

I also wear earplugs while riding to protect my hearing from wind noise and the BigShots are still very noticeable then, can easily ride and shift by sound with the plugs in.

roog

·
Registered
44 Posts
Checkout the thread on page #2 "wow!!!just did the jcwhitney slipons". I have a post there. A lot of opinions offered.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ive got the HK 2.5 classic straits on mine. I love them, they have a great tone and are a good kinda loud, good deep tone and at speed the quiet down unless you crack the throttle. my buddie has the cobra speedsters on his 1300c. i think the HK's are a little bit lower in tone but they both sound good. there about the same when it comes to how loud they are. JMO

Chris

M

·
0 Posts
Yep, I'll go along with the crowd on the HK 3". I'm VERY pleased with them for sound, performance, and looks. Their design fit the lines of the retro well. I can ride all day without going deaf thanks to the hard bags deflecting the deep throaty sound away from me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 3" HK's. I love the look of these big size shields. In my opinion the only pipes which look as nice are the Vance and Hines. I think both bring high quality to the table.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have Roadhouse Classics...I love the look and the power gain without torque loss. They have a great low...very deep rumble and will bark nicely whe "asked" :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
egnarp said:
I have 3" HK's. I love the look of these big size shields. In my opinion the only pipes which look as nice are the Vance and Hines. I think both bring high quality to the table.

Killer set-up on the rear fender! :pepper1:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Long Cannons

Samson Long Cannons with baffles. Beautiful low rumble, not too loud. You know they are on the bike, but you are not bothered to have them!

Rufus

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've got the V&H bigshots. They sound great. I've got compliments from several Harley riders. Nice deep rumble at idle and really bark when you jump on it. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

My advise would be to only consider pipes that have full lengh heat shields. This will keep your pipes from bluing. After that, just pick the ones you think look the best because all will sound good on a 1300.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts