Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my first group ride today. Got to hear my sound compared to everyone else. Time for new pipes ! I want a low, DEEP sound that doesn't need to be heard in 4 states .... if you know what I mean.(Not even 2 or 3 for that matter.) Which pipes will give me that :?:

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
pipes

I have the v&h bigshots w/o rejetting and I love the sound they have!!
at hard throttle and low throttle they both sound sweet.

what ever you decide I think you will hear a big difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the cobra speedster longs they have a good deep sound. And when your ready for loud take out the baffels and the sound great.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
For the retro you need the 3"hks great sound & looks.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
One word:

ClaytonMod

Eddie

·
Registered
921 Posts
awax said:
If you don't want loud, you'll get the sound your looking for with a Road House pipe. Its a 2 into 1 pipe and they have optional tips.

http://www.roadhousebrand.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RBS&Product_Code=52-155&Category_Code=H

Sound clip from their site: http://www.roadhousebrand.com/Merchant2/soundclips/honda1300.wav

I have a Road House pipe on my A.C.E. and I love it.
AWAX is correct...I love my Roadhouse Classics...nice low rumble...look great on the Retro and will make a bark if you hit it hard...but not too loud...just enough.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Agree on the Clayton Mod...did it yesterday...best $8.95 I ever spent. Went on a 3 hour cruise this am and I got compliments from my friends...now the bike has a nice rumble and barks when you get on it...but at cruising speed is not overly loud. I went straight for the 7 holes in each pipe, took me about an hour. I was actually surprised when I started up the bike for the 1st time with the mod....it sounded better than expected.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie ........thanks for your input. Now, What's "Clayton Mod"
:?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
159 Posts
eddiecohen said:
One word:

ClaytonMod

Eddie
And where do you find this ? I did a search and came up empty. Do you have any URL's ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
415 Posts
I put Cobra SlashCut Slipons on my Retro and couldn't be happier. They look great and the lines fit with the bike. They weigh less than the stock ones and do not look so big as stock, nor small as the JCWhitney's. I think the JCW's style is great for the C model, but the Cobra's fit the Retro look better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pipes

I just put the Roadhouse 2 into 1 Classic on my retro. Love them, Some say this is the quiet one but when you grab a handfull of grip they will bark and when just putting around a low deep tone.

·
Registered
148 Posts
samson's cannons or long cannons...they are pretty loud with no baffles but very low and rumbly. set off many car alarms... :lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do the clayton mod.....I did nine holes in each muffler and really like the sound....very good rumble at idle...Mine is louder than stock but not too loud.....If you dont like it then you spend the money and get new pipes.....

·
Registered
889 Posts
I agree with the Clayton Mod. I've got 6 holes in mine. Did it last springtime, and haven't had a desire to change to aftermarkets yet.

The cool thing about the clayton mod is that you can take a 1/2" tap and put 1/2" bolts in the holes and return the bike to stock, if you ever have to. Ex, emissions/noise testing.

If you do the clayton mod and don't like it, you'll be out about $6 for the 6" 1/8" drill you have to buy. If you can't afford that send me a PM, I'll ship you mine :lol: :lol: . If you don't like it, then you can continue the search for aftermarket pipes. If you do like it you can spend that money on other bling 8) 8) It's a win-win situation.

Blessings,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts