Honda VTX Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I may be waaaay wrong but I swear there's a factory sticker on my bike that says something about running 91. Idc what the sticker says if u guys run reg gas and get better mileage and it's better for the bike, then that's what I'm running from now on!
That sticker states the RON number and 91 is what we see at the pump as regular grade fuel or 87. Your owners manual has 87

·
Registered
34 Posts
That sticker states the RON number and 91 is what we see at the pump as regular grade fuel or 87. Your owners manual has 87
Ok cool. And that's why I come on here, to learn things about my bike from guys who know just about everything on them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow I never knew that.... I run sunoco ultra 93 always and I have a slight "knocking" in my engine, im gonna switch it out ride a while and get back to this one.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Honda designed the VTX as a low compression engine made to run optimally in stock form on 87 Octane. If it's unmodified, anything else is a waste of your money.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Always interesting to read the responses to those old how-to posts. What I wrote here also applies to your auto as well - use the correct fuel for your engine's compression. Compression is the only number that matters with respect to fuel choice. Low compression, low octane number. High compression, high octane number.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

·
Super Moderator
64,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Nice to have you back Tapper. Side note....when the old board changed servers, I was put in charge of moving all of the How To threads onto the new server. As I couldn't just move them without taking ownership of them by copying your text and pasting in my posts. So every time I did this, I made sure I posted who the original author was giving full credit to you. If you find somewhere I missed doing this, please bring it to my attention and I will fix it ASAP.
Spike

101 - 107 of 107 Posts