Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New is $9599, right? 2005 model.

Any tips on haggling? What price should I begin with? They may have to order the color I want, candy red. What about Honda Bucks for buying accessories?

I can go lower on the price, then ask for the accessories I'm going to buy anyway, but where to start?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Forget about the bonus bucks. That will be included in the price. I paid $8400 for mine brand new 05. Don't go much higher than that! I just walked in there and told them I would buy one today if they could get close to $8300. Be prepared to walk away if they don't want to deal.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
check abernathys in union city tennessee, they are usually the cheapest in the us, i bought my new o4 there for 7695 if i am not mistaken i think the o5 are around that price also

·
Registered
397 Posts
Go to Pro Cycle in Columbia, MO. It's supposed to have pretty good prices compared to anywhere else, unless you want to drive to Abernathy's, which is what I did, for the best price. Call Pro Cycle (I'm pretty sure that's what it is called) in Columbia, MO. If you post on the Missouri board some other people may have some better ideas.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
disaster-1 said:
If you post on the Missouri board some other people may have some better ideas.
Damn good idea. Now why don't I think of those things on my own.

I'll also check out the Columbia dealer. As a matter of fact, I'll be going through Columbia in two weeks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
CasperThe2nd said:
richnc said:
What's the catch?

I'm a doubter, I'll admit. New 2005 VTX 1300 S for $7,683.

That for real?
No catch and it's for real. I bought mine from them, no add on's or other fees, what they say is what you get. Pay cash you pick up and that's the price. If you want, PM me and I'll tell you the experiance I had with them.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate it, richnc, but the dealer disaster-1 suggested is closer and has similar prices.

I just can't believe the differences in price. Local dealers in Kansas City seem unwilling to go below $8,700 to 8,800.

Supply and demand I guess.

·
Registered
191 Posts
CasperThe2nd said:
I appreciate it, richnc, but the dealer disaster-1 suggested is closer and has similar prices.

I just can't believe the differences in price. Local dealers in Kansas City seem unwilling to go below $8,700 to 8,800.

Supply and demand I guess.
I know how you feel, I ran into the same thing. I found out about S/Honda and called them last spring and since I live in NC and love the mountains I took a day off and took a ride to check them out and I bought a Red 1300S. 6,000 miles later I'm still happy and have plenty of add on's with the savings. Good luck and it's a great bike.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Location, location, location. SoCal dealer had an 03 Retros/spokes, silver $10250. :roll:

·
Registered
289 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts