Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing speakers on my 03 retro on the handle bars but i need some clearance between the handle bars and the windshield bags. Since it would be more comfortable for me to have the bars closer and i could take full advantage of my back rest, Where do i start? What will fit and not hit on the speedo housing? Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm running C model risers on mine, what a difference you can pick them on this board for a few$$

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: what risers can be used on a 03 retro as pullback risers

mbw73160 said:
Im installing speakers on my 03 retro on the handle bars but i need some clearance between the handle bars and the windshield bags. Since it would be more comfortable for me to have the bars closer and i could take full advantage of my back rest, Where do i start? What will fit and not hit on the speedo housing? Thanks Matt
Matt,
I am using “C” risers too. The guys with VTX C models are taking them off their bikes and adding 6” risers. The C risers are going for about $25.00 to $40.00. Post a note in the classified section of this board and you will get some responses. The 4 “ C risers are the cheapest way to go without modification to your cables. After market risers are around $125.00 or so.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ihave an 03 retro with the 4'' inch aeromach risers, work great and look great. I got mine on ebay for alot less than MSRP.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's a good question. Does anyone know whether the Harley Deuce 6" risers will fit an '03 retro 1800 without moving cables or stressing the brake lines?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dockjeykll
sent you a pm

G

·
0 Posts
Thats a good question?? I did not see that one. But, if you try to add any 6" raisers to a Retro, you will have to replace lines. There is only enough room to add the 4" raisers. You may have to cut one wire tie on the handle bars. The handle bars will just slip into place.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
bacchus9876 said:
Orange Rocket: Thou must thinketh before thou speaketh:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... uce+risers
Keep in mind that the stock Retro Risers are 1 1/2". Adding "C" Risers (which are actually 5 1/2 inches), you are changing or adding 4". You can not add 6" risers without modifications to your brake cables as they will be too short.

G

·
0 Posts
:D Thank You Big V. Since you have a Retro, I bet you know what you are speaking about.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Matt, I put on the Rivco 4'' chrome risers on w/o any problems w/ the cables. If you want to go one step further, get the Handler to chrome your top VTX clamp (35.00) and get the Kury chrome triple tree cover..this will blend in with your speedo and make your bike sweet. If you really want to go all the way get the Rivco VTX Tach...the look is awesome. Oh yeah. with the risers you will enjoy the backrest more..esp. on fast starts you will not feel like your're going to fall off the back end lol.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Orange Rocket said:
Thats a good question?? You may have to cut one wire tie on the handle bars.
If the break line is too tight, you can loosen the break reservoir and slide it back about 1/8". This will give you plenty of room and keeps you from cutting the wire tie.

·
Registered
172 Posts
anyone have a pic of the rivco risers on their retro, and a pic of the C riser on the retro?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
VTXDDS said:
anyone have a pic of the rivco risers on their retro, and a pic of the C riser on the retro?
"C" risers...

·
Registered
172 Posts
ooooo.. big difference. I may have to get me a set.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts