Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get the fork springs along with a set of progressive rear shocks. I want to lower it down a little but I don't know how low I want to go and if there are any adverse affects of going low. Any input and pictures of different setups would be appreciated.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It all depends on how you ride and if you ride 2-up a lot. Be aware that the lower you go, the harder the ride will be and you loose lean angle. When I got my 11.5" progressive shocks I got the HD's (heavy duty) because I thought I was going to be doing a lot of 2-up riding. Now I mostly ride myself, and wish I got the SD (Standards). :?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride solo 99% of the time so that isn't an issue. How much lean angle do you lose? I already drag the feelers pretty hard, at first is was cool, but now it is just getting annoying that they hit the pavement every other turn. Plus hearing that they make the bike handle a little better, I'm sure it will be easier than ever to get it to lean.

·
Registered
156 Posts
12" Progressive Standard 440's in the rear and the Progressive std springs up ront.

Just did the mod last weekend...waaaay better handlling bike and the ride will darn near lul you to sleep on the highway.

I do about a 50/50 with riding 2 up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone using the 11"s?? HDL didn't carry them last I looked, but I think Viking does....
Input on those would be appreciated. Does the bike sit much lower? Being only 5'4" I can use every little bit

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine's 8 1/4 inches hard. Never measured it soft. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Nibiru said:
Anyone using the 11"s?? HDL didn't carry them last I looked, but I think Viking does....
Input on those would be appreciated. Does the bike sit much lower? Being only 5'4" I can use every little bit
Go for it...it will help and it won't scrape unless you're as wide as you are tall. :wink: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts