Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you owned it has there been any defects/replaced worn parts?
If so, what was it and the miles on the bike when you replaced it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
None so far

Couldn't be happier with the dependability of my 2004 1300C. Only 4,000 miles in a little over a year, but so far, so good. Had a busy year last year, expect to ride more this summer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
This might be worthless but, after 300 mi., absolutely no problems. Hope it stays that way for the next 20,000. 8)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Snapped my Barnett Clutch cable a few weeks ago. Had it on the bike for about 4k miles. Put the stock one back on until I can order a replacement. Also had a very small leak in the petcock that the dealer changed out for me when they stored it over the winter. Other than that no problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had to replace starter switch at about 6500 miles..under guarantee so no problem except shipping..had to wait about 5 days before I got it back from shop..wrench said he'd replaced a few on new bikes..didn't say how many..Have over 11,500 miles on it now with no other problems..runs great!! 8)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Forgot to mention..2004 VTX 1300S Retro :lol:

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
I have only had one problem, but it has never been resolved. I have nearly 8000 miles, and since the moment I left the stealer, at every intersection I start from, my throttle dumps wide open.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
21,000+ miles & no mechanical problems at all,other than the choke wasn't closing completely due to a cable glitch.Easy warranty fix.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have put 4,500 miles on my 2005 1300C and she runs great, no problems at all

·
Registered
113 Posts
wrong??

10,000 miles by this weekend..........nothing wrong. Did the 8000 mile check up (late obviously)...new plugs only thing changed plus mounted two WW tires, put in the progressive fork springs........145 dollars out the door...Definitely like this bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Replaced battery at less than 1 year...

·
Registered
808 Posts
cybrhick said:
I have only had one problem, but it has never been resolved. I have nearly 8000 miles, and since the moment I left the stealer, at every intersection I start from, my throttle dumps wide open.
Funny I have the same problem 8) I've got abvout 10000 on the bike (04 C) and the only issue I have is some pitting on the wheels that can be attributed to living a stones throw from the ocean and riding more than washing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts