Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When doing the PAIR valve removal I had to cut the large, very heavy duty zip tie that was securing the main wiring harness near the vary back of the backbone. I didn't look before taking off so: am I right that only the wiring harness/es was secured, not any of the rubber hoses? I'm thinking they should not be restricted the way the zip tie would probably pinch them.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
They hold everything together. If you look at the pice you cut off, you will notice that they have a little push tab so you can remove it without cutting it (and reuse). It is not very tight and just prevents anything from coming into contact with the rear jug.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
That reuseable ziptie is for the wiring harness. The hoses and vent tube float

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluto said:
They hold everything together. If you look at the pice you cut off, you will notice that they have a little push tab so you can remove it without cutting it (and reuse). It is not very tight and just prevents anything from coming into contact with the rear jug.
Oops! I didn't look and already cut it! Oh, well, I'll just have to find the heaviest I can to replace. But sounds like I should wrap around hoses, too, without tightening too much. Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
BillF said:
bluto said:
Oops! I didn't look and already cut it! Oh, well, I'll just have to find the heaviest I can to replace. But sounds like I should wrap around hoses, too, without tightening too much. Thanks!
Bill
No, only the harness. It will eventually rub thru the hoses, the hoses should float :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts