Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some sort of stains on my VTX1800 cast rims.
Does anyone have a suggestion for polishing them and removing the stains? It almost looks like they are etched, but the marks feel smooth. I tried some very fine steel wool and it didn't change the look.
Thanks in advance for any good suggestions.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish

Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish works great. They also sell a tool to assist in polishing which attaches to a drill and makes the polish job easy.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish works great. They also sell a tool to assist in polishing which attaches to a drill and makes the polish job easy.
:agree: On the mother & that tool is also by Mothers, its called the Power ball. Make polishing much faster.

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
Mothers billet polish (not to be confused with mag polish), power ball, and elbow grease

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
water :lol::lol::lol:

i dont have mags...are they a "coated" wheel ??
The 1300 aren't coated I would assume the 1800 cast arent either.:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Yea.... salt ain't good. :agree:
I had some badly stained wheels after not cleaning mine for the first 2 or 3 years. Soooo.... I used Soft Scrub and a Green Kitchen scrubber (with plenty of water) and scrubbed the wheels, then used Brillo and finally White Diamond. I have since got the Mini Power Ball and now just wipe the wheels clean then use the Mini Power Ball with White Diamond and ...... in no time they are clean and polished looking great.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
And tell me PAVTXER where did you get the white Diamond ??? please tell, please tell !!!
Ummmmm, a local guy.... his name is Carl (VTX1652).... but you knew that already. ;) Carl is a White Diamond pusher..... and he got me me hooked....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ummmmm, a local guy.... his name is Carl (VTX1652).... but you knew that already. ;) Carl is a White Diamond pusher..... and he got me me hooked....
Yep me too.....and also my son who is polishing his Raider's aluminum for his winter project.
Ed

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If you wanna clean your wheels use S100, but dont get it on the paint and dont let it dry. Then Mothers Mag Polish is the ticket, you just have to rub it till it turns black then wipe off and tada :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts