Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'll start it out. The first aftermarket part i put on my 1300c was a Ultimate seat. Best money I ever spent, then came the saddle bags, backrest, luggage rack, winshield and lightbar, Oh my goodness the list goes on and on, my wife was right!!!!!!!!!!!!! My x is a money pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well, its all worth it, aint it????
Happy ridin'
Steve

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought the Honda windshield and backrest when I bought the bike. Since that time, the sky has been the limit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1st Aftermarket

Chrome-like radiator grill. That black grill is the worst looking part on the whole bike.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Re: 1st Aftermarket

2hoo said:
Chrome-like radiator grill. That black grill is the worst looking part on the whole bike.
I must respectfully disagree, the stock "billboard" license plate holder that was on there was the ugliest thing on there, IMHO. Note the words "Was on there" 8) . Kinda hard to say, I was able to bring my Memphis shades and Saddleman bags setup with me from my 750 Aero. I guess HK 2.5's, the stealer didn't have a black retro ready to roll so I said if you have to build it, go ahead and make it talk while your at it!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Bought mine used with a sissy bar and luggage rack.

First thing I put on was fender tips.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Haven't bought anything yet. I'm definately looking at the HK sideburners, k & n filter and pair removal, re-jet.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Back Off

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Had backrest put on before I picked it up at the dealer. Had in on my last bike and had to have on this one. Necessity for riding 2 up IMO.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
VTXScooby said:
I bought the Honda windshield and backrest when I bought the bike. Since that time, the sky has been the limit.
same here

·
Registered
23 Posts
Put the switchblade windshield on first. Have boss bags sitting here now
waiting for the paladin backrest/rack to arrive for installation of both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The VTX is made to ROAR not purr! rbagby knows the deal.

Pipes pipse pipes!

Jardine Rumblers give the bike the well tuned low rumble it deserves. These pipes were made for this bike, bringing out the true character of the metric 1300...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had Roadhouse Slipons and a Memphis Shades put on at the dealer when I bought it, does that count? If not, 4" pullback risers were next.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Had to have the Backrest....The X has so much power I almost dumped my wife right off the back of the bike. I couldn't have that...She might brake off a turn signal on her way to the pavement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
21" Memphis Fats :mcrider: For the rest see below.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
First thing I got was Jardine Billet Turn Signal Visors, bought them on ebay even before I had the bike. But I knew it was coming :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
nothing yet. tryin to get outta debt right now.. but the first thing i plan on doing is replacing the handlebars, grips and cables. that will be my first mod i do... then i will do foward controls, seat, saddlebags(not really a mod but its something). then lots of crome cover up's.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts