Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it take soooo long for a post to show up on the forum? Then sometimes it never shows up. I have never been on a forum that all the post were looked at by someone to decide if a post is posted or not. I have made several reply post on the forum and thy never showed up. No wonder there isn't anybody posting in this forum. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Why does it take soooo long for a post to show up on the forum? Then sometimes it never shows up. I have never been on a forum that all the post were looked at by someone to decide if a post is posted or not. I have made several reply post on the forum and thy never showed up. No wonder there isn't anybody posting in this forum. Just my 2 cents.
Really? So, why did you post, if there isn't anybody else than you posting in this forum? What did you expect? :dontknow:
Not a good start for a new member...

BTW, there are members here with post count of thousands and ten thousands...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? So, why did you post, if there isn't anybody else than you posting in this forum? What did you expect? :dontknow:
Not a good start for a new member...

BTW, there are members here with post count of thousands and ten thousands...
Well being new to this forum and not knowing how this forum works, that why I asked the question. I have had a least 2 post replies that end up not being posted by your moderator. As with most forums there are always bullies that like to say something negative when somebody posts that they don't agree with. A good example of a bully is by Evrin260 remarks. Evrin260 just stay up north where you belong and we will get along great. So thank you Evrin260 for the warm welcome:cus:

·
Super Moderator
6,131 Posts
Well being new to this forum and not knowing how this forum works, that why I asked the question. I have had a least 2 post replies that end up not being posted by your moderator. As with most forums there are always bullies that like to say something negative when somebody posts that they don't agree with. A good example of a bully is by Evrin260 remarks. Evrin260 just stay up north where you belong and we will get along great. So thank you Evrin260 for the warm welcome:cus:

And then Rocket, there are always those who come to a forum as a new member and immediately begin criticizing it and the people who frequent it. Rarely do they receive a warm welcome. Should they expect to?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Let's all be grateful for having a bunch of great moderators.

Without them this site could not exist because it would be overrun by spammers telling us they make 98765 dollars a day using Google from their laptop.

0:)
(Still waiting for my first paycheck).

:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
63,566 Posts
Hello, I am one of the 3, that's right 3 moderators for this board. By the way, the 3 of us do this ON OUR OWN TIME and for FREE and one of us is on leave for personal reasons. We do not go searching around the various 80 plus pages just to look for newbies posts. Put them on the Welcome board and it will be a lot faster and easier for all. But, I've approved this last slam fest of a post of yours so you are now free to call us moderators anything you want and they will show up right away

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome anyway...maybe you will like this one better,, http://www.popforum.space/viewforum.php?f=5

I noticed the standard Cauliflownia disclaimer at the top of that link: "Known to cause cancer in California".
I receive motorcycle parts in the mail with the same disclaimer. I am damn it not going to eat those break pads or the plastic bag it came in!
And I don't even LIVE in California!

<Sorry, end rant>

>:):surprise:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mod.

Hello, I am one of the 3, that's right 3 moderators for this board. By the way, the 3 of us do this ON OUR OWN TIME and for FREE and one of us is on leave for personal reasons. We do not go searching around the various 80 plus pages just to look for newbies posts. Put them on the Welcome board and it will be a lot faster and easier for all. But, I've approved this last slam fest of a post of yours so you are now free to call us moderators anything you want and they will show up right away
And you do a whale of a job here, and are much appreciated:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
But saying stupid, negative and untrue things is O. K.? That's what most of us do not tolerate, I think. And the same time you expect warm welcome?
Being polite, at least in the begining, pays out better everywhere in life...
(BTW, I'll keep your advice and stay up north and not going south with you.>:))

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But saying stupid, negative and untrue things is O. K.? That's what most of us do not tolerate, I think. And the same time you expect warm welcome?
Being polite, at least in the begining, pays out better everywhere in life...
(BTW, I'll keep your advice and stay up north and not going south with you.>:))
Where's the ignore button when you need it?

·
Old Goat
24,082 Posts
Let’s try this again...Welcome neighbor from just across the river...lot of good info here.......:thumbup: if u can wrench...this forum and a manual is all you’ll ever need...for miles of smiles....good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dunno, I read the sticky - five posts and basically you're in. Seems fair enough, and as suggested elsewhere I started a welcome thread which got me to the five anyway. Seems like an effective way to cull spammers. Looks like a great group, have enjoyed looking around and learning, and I don't even have the bike yet. Soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let’s try this again...Welcome neighbor from just across the river...lot of good info here.......:thumbup: if u can wrench...this forum and a manual is all you’ll ever need...for miles of smiles....good luck
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I do some wrenching but almost getting too old to do much anymore. Yeah I did invest in a service manual to help point me in the right direction. Recently bought some Cobra pipes and plan on installing them myself as the bike still had the stock pipes less baffles. I'm semi retired and only work one or two days a week. Been riding for 40 + years.

·
Old Goat
24,082 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I do some wrenching but almost getting too old to do much anymore. Yeah I did invest in a service manual to help point me in the right direction. Recently bought some Cobra pipes and plan on installing them myself as the bike still had the stock pipes less baffles. I'm semi retired and only work one or two days a week. Been riding for 40 + years.
Don’t overlook the exhaust gaskets (need replacing)..it will look like they are not in there...part #’s in the how to section...I get mine at oriellys....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts