Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from our trip to SD this year. Had a great time. Here are a few pictures. Saturday was a killer coming back 110* fricken HOT! We hooked up with nodakbassmaster while we were out there and he showed us some great roads that we had never been on. More pictures and video to follow...

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Did YOU start the fire?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice Pics... I see you were in Vanocker Canyon heading into Nemo. That road (exit 32) off 90 was right behind where I was camping. That is a nice fun way to the south.

Just curious if any of you had 1300's or other bikes that were carbed. My bike ran like hell and I am trying to figure out what to do for next time so I can run normal. I had no idea Black Hills are was at such a high elevation. And then add the heat and you got yourself some thin air.

Hope you had as much fun as we did.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Cool pic's.
Glad ya found SD to be the vacation paradise that I did.

chef

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caps said:
Looks like allot of fun. Biker chef also enjoyed South Dakota :lol: I hope you guys were not the stupid people he was referring to :shock:
If he was talking about us flying buy him like our rear tire was on fire then yea that was us :lol:

MnXRider said:
Did YOU start the fire?
Maybe, I was dragging the pegs so hard the right one kept coming loose. Any one have a new replacement end cap for a Kuryakyn Stiletto Peg?

Jorgy11 said:
Nice Pics... I see you were in Vanocker Canyon heading into Nemo. That road (exit 32) off 90 was right behind where I was camping. That is a nice fun way to the south.

Just curious if any of you had 1300's or other bikes that were carbed. My bike ran like hell and I am trying to figure out what to do for next time so I can run normal. I had no idea Black Hills are was at such a high elevation. And then add the heat and you got yourself some thin air.
Yea we fell in love with Vanocker Canyon! I do feel sorry for ruining this road for nodakbassmaster he said he had never ridden that road that fast before " 35 mph just won't feel right after doing it at 70". I did slow down for a couple of miles after we saw a Goldwing that didn't make one of the curves :shock: sad to say that ambulance was not going very fast.

I think we had the most fun on Iron Mountan road. I was trying to keep up with 2 sport bike riders. Let me tell you I think I pushed the limits of my VTX rounding a long sweeping corner scraping the pegs, showing 85 mph on the gps the the bike bouncing up and down thru the turn made me a little :? But the good thing is I held my own and kept with them until they turned off the road :D Never passed so many cars in all my life on one road....

Sorry I can't help you with the jetting we all had 1800's

Here's some more pictures for ya all.

Left to right Me, my dad, and my brother

Devil's Tower

Staying cool standing on the AC vents at devil's tower

Return to last years crash site :lol:

a picture of nodakbassmaster and his awesome looking F Pictures sure don't do it justice.

My son and his cousin

Ya just got to take time out for a horse ride :lol:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caps said:
Those new pictures are totally awesome Dan. You'll see allot of those in the 2007 Video 8) That's cool you visited last years crash site into that shed from your Dad :lol:
Yea we got a picture of him signing it also :lol: :lol:

Every time we went by there we made him stop :lol: I think dear old dad "Crash" got sick of it :D

Here's a picture from last year of the crash!

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Well, now that you have posted all my pics, I don't have to!

I had a blast, hope to do it again next time you are in the area! :D 8)

Yeah, I tried to talk my girlfriend into beleiving that carving the canyons like that was fun, but I think i may loose part of my manhood if I try and run through there like we did with her on the back :shock:

I witnessed the signing....

Had a blast, thanks again! 8)

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nodakbassmaster said:
Well, now that you have posted all my pics, I don't have to!

I had a blast, hope to do it again next time you are in the area! :D 8)

Yeah, I tried to talk my girlfriend into beleiving that carving the canyons like that was fun, but I think i may loose part of my manhood if I try and run through there like we did with her on the back :shock:

I witnessed the signing....

Had a blast, thanks again! 8)
They were too good to not post. :lol:

Tell the girlfriend your taking her some where special but you have to get there quick to keep your reservation. Take here to that place we ate in Sturgis. :wink: Just remember the good ones stick and the bad ones walk... :lol:

Ya carved the caynon after you installed the springs yet?

Had a blast also... Thank you for making the roads around here feel like I90 :(

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
X'N said:
Tell the girlfriend your taking her some where special but you have to get there quick to keep your reservation. Take here to that place we ate in Sturgis. :wink: Just remember the good ones stick and the bad ones walk... :lol:

:lol: :lol: sorry bout that... yeah, the highway does feel straighter after them trips... :?

Nope, no canyon carving on the new springs yet... hopefully this weekend... or by the end of the month... we'll see. I'd like to get out there before the Sturgis traffic picks up.

I forgot to mention that your pictures do not do the little details in your bike justice either... it's obviously much better in person! (are you sold on the chrome yet? :lol: )

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nodakbassmaster said:
X'N said:

:lol: :lol: sorry bout that... yeah, the highway does feel straighter after them trips... :?

Nope, no canyon carving on the new springs yet... hopefully this weekend... or by the end of the month... we'll see. I'd like to get out there before the Sturgis traffic picks up.

I forgot to mention that your pictures do not do the little details in your bike justice either... it's obviously much better in person! (are you sold on the chrome yet? :lol: )
Thanks and you saw it with the most dirt and grime that has been on it.

I like the chrome look, just don't know if my visa is ready for it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Almost forgot one of the best pictures

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Caps said:
So is that Washington's nose your Dad's pickin or G. Bush?
Dang Lance you got to get out more :lol:

Caps said:
By the way, where did you run into nodakbassmaster? What's the story there?
I sent him a pm before we went out there and just planned a day to meet. Its kinda cool meeting people across the country that are on this board.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.