Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for my first night ride tonight, well cruise. Its only 39 degrees out here in Maine and I just got back. Whats with the high beam indicator, can It get any brighter? That thing is so bright on the panel display I had to leave it on low beam, anyone else think thats real bright???

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes it is very bright. Some folks have dimmed it by putting a cotton ball over it from the inside. I have read about it somewhere here on this board. I'll do a search and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, Thanks but I don't feel like tearing it apart, me and electrical don't get along...

I think I will put some tape over it or something when I ride... Its just a con about the VTX I think... I was like, DAMN! lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice paintjob!

How much did that set you back?

Maxxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bright indicator

I like to think of it as a spotlight, makes me feel like a star.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had some left over limo static cling film I used on my house windows. I cut a piece the same size as the silver panel that covers the lights. I just placed it on the glass on the outside and covered all of the lights. You can still see the natural, blinkers and the bright light indicators but now they are dull. Much better....

·
Registered
426 Posts
It cracks me up every time I put on my high beams :lol:
2hoo
I like to think of it as a spotlight, makes me feel like a star.
LOL I know what mean

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone. I am going to "Limo Tint it this afternoon!"

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maxxx said:
Nice paintjob!

How much did that set you back?

Maxxx
Thanks! I bought the bike that way. I was real happy when I bought it. It had alot of accessories on it. :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
Limo Tint, great stuff. Here's what I've used it for already.

I recently bought a new alarm clock and the numbers were so bright they kept me up at night. So I got some of the limo tint and put it over the numbers. I'm sleeping much better now.

Then I cut a strip of the static tint and put it on both of my helmet shields as a sun block. Same idea as the Sun Blocker but much cheaper.

Next I did the same thing that VTXLady did and used it on the bike panel. Much easier than tearing everything apart and it works great.

Mmmmmm.....what can I use it for next?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
AL417 said:
Limo Tint, great stuff. Here's what I've used it for already.

I recently bought a new alarm clock and the numbers were so bright they kept me up at night. So I got some of the limo tint and put it over the numbers. I'm sleeping much better now.

Then I cut a strip of the static tint and put it on both of my helmet shields as a sun block. Same idea as the Sun Blocker but much cheaper.

Next I did the same thing that VTXLady did and used it on the bike panel. Much easier than tearing everything apart and it works great.

Mmmmmm.....what can I use it for next?
Contacts!!! Then we wouldn't have to wear sun glass's!! :lol: :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al, sure is. I put it on last night, not the best job but it works and it really did help. Around 6pm when I took the bike out, it was hard to read because it was that time of the day where little light comes in cause the sun is going down and I couldn't see the numbers on the speedo, just the needle and the milage was unreadable, just from my position cruising on the bike that is, if I were to lean to, I am sure I would be able to see it. Glad I put it on anyway, saves my eyes at night! Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I was thinking of just putting a small double layer right where the high beam light is. I wonder if that would work better?

Hey, this is my 200th post.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
AL417 said:
I was thinking of just putting a small double layer right where the high beam light is. I wonder if that would work better?

Hey, this is my 200th post.
Newbie, I just topped 1800 8) :wink: but really, keep postin, isn't it fun :lol:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've been around since Nov 2003, I lurked long before that. Just kinda quiet I guess. Yeah right. And yes itis fun.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I put just a little cotton inside the blue high beam indicator light and it works great. For those of you that haven't bought an repair manual, you are missing the best accessory. It has really good pictures and detailed instructions. I'm not a mechanic and this manual allows me to do a lot of my own service and repairs. I bought mine for $20.00 on ebay. I'm sure HDL has them too.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I had a rattle in my spedo housing that drove me nuts. Opened it up and put
black sticky backed foam around the clear spedo view section and rubber
washers on the mounting screws. While I had everything opened up, I did
the cotton thing (took about an extra 30 seconds) to tone down the "Beam
Me Up Scotty" high beam indicator. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
AL417 said:
I've been around since Nov 2003, I lurked long before that. Just kinda quiet I guess. Yeah right. And yes itis fun.
:oops: been here longer than I have, guess I have a big mouth, or fast fingers or---------------sorry to you, and all others that I might of offended with my newbie remark, we all have to start someplace now don’t we?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts