Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 500 mile ride from the north side of Atlanta to Tampa yesterday and had a great time. It took around 9'/2 hours to complete. So far, this is my longest trek. This was a ride I wanted to try as I plan on riding from Florida to the Ohio for the 1000+ record. I can see now it's not going to be a problem at all. The X is a fine machine, but that's like preaching to the choir.

What's your longest ride and are there any Four Corners or CC patch owners here?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
1500 miles in less than 24 hours...Iron Butt Association Bun Burner Gold.

·
Registered
653 Posts
From Palm Beach Gardens, FL back home to New Orleans 870 miles in 16 hrs. including warm-up stops in Dec 2003. It was too cold, 39*F at 4 AM when I left and up to a balmy 62*F by the time I got home.
Generally, I consider wind chill factors for wus-es, but at 80 mph, it was definitely a factor.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I did West Yellowstone to Seattle (750 miles) in 13.5 hours and I've done Auburn, WA to San Rafael, CA (800 miles) in 14 hours.

Did those many years ago and have little interest in doing so again.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Last summer (June 04) I rode my X from Bozeman, Montana to Sacramento, California (950 mi) took me 13 hrs. Didnt intend or need to drive straight thru just was having such a good time and enjoying it so much I kept going. Did the same on the return trip although I dont know why I was in such a hurry to get back!! :twisted:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Thanks Hook, now I have to post under yours my 500 miler that I made from Knoxville to Richmond only stoping to gas and pee (same stops) Corbin seat is a real butt saver.
Bigdog

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just about 1,200 miles in less than 24 hours last year coming back from Coloradical.

Gary in Texas :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
1100 in 17 hours

denver to the house last year could done a little better except it was storming across Kansas........TTT>>>>>>>>>>Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
On the way back from the Hoot last year (to Idaho Falls) I did:

day 1) Knoxville to Columbia, MO (610 miles)
day 2) Columbia to Chadron, NE (770 miles)
day 3) Chadron to Idaho Falls (551 miles)

For 1,931 miles in 3 days. The X and the Corbin Dual Tour performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I did 878 miles in 14 hrs. last October. Napa Ca. to Marysville Ca. then up to Seabeck Wa. That trip is when I really fell in love with the X. I'd only had the bike 2 mos. That trip was also when I decided the stock seat had to go! (OUCH!)

Happy trails...

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Rapid city to Kansas city (700mi.) Rode down friday back sunday. about 11 hrs. each way. I was by myself so I made good time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Alittle over 1000 miles 19 hours....Rochester NY to Fort Leonard Wood MO....Doing it again this year.....mike

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
A little over 860 miles from Denver to Oklahoma City. The next two days over 600 each to get to Orlando. Have I said lately how much I love my Ultimate seat? :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like my 500 mile ride was anemic compared to you iron butts, lol.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Reading all about the rides posted here I gotta say...you guys are some dedicated and tough people!! :twisted:

·
Registered
24 Posts

Eureka Springs, Arkansas to Buffalo NY. 1050 miles in 20 hours. Not on an X but an XX....CBR 1100. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

:D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts