Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, other than the fact that the rear wheel of a 1800C is a 16 inch wheel, and that the 1300C has the 15 inch wheel, are there also a width difference???

If so, could you tell me what the 1300C's width is, and also the 1800C's ???

Reason for asking is that a shop near my place has a 1800C rear rim for sale, and although I could ask them these questions, I thought I'd ask here.

Also, it is my understanding that the widest tire I can fit on my 15 inch wheel is 180/70-15, what would be the widest I could fit on an 1800C 16 inch wheel ?? if there's a difference in wheel widht that is!!!

I really like the looks of those custom built bikes with big fat tires at the back. In fact, some of the members of this board have them.

Thank you,

Steph

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
1800c rim is 5.5 inches wide
you can definately fit a 200 series tire in there . i think a 210 takes a touch of clearance work. but i dont know on that part

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
1300 rim is 3.5 inches wide
1800 rim is 5inches wide

200 is the largest tire you can fit on the 1800 rim and have it look normal. 210 is not made in 16inch rim diameter
a200 will fit on a 1300 rim, but it looks no larger than the stock tire because the sidewalls get pinched in and cause a high crowning effect on the tread

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Just go Phat and get it over with :D :joke: If you do get the 1800 rim you will have to do some modifications with the rear brakes ( do a search on the foots mod) but from what I hear from my friends that done it. The bike rides a lot better and smoother.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Wheel Size

Steph -a 1800C wheel will fit on a 1300C. This is called the FOOTS MOD - Here are instructions:

http://forums.midatlanticxriders.com/index.php?topic=326.0

You can fit a 200 tire on the stock 1300 wheel but it will Pinch the tire and not give you the fat look. The Foots Mod requires some work and parts but is the cheapest (around $500-$700), depending on the parts and different Brake rotor configs. You can use the Stock 1300 rotor but it will need to be modified, or you can use the 1800 rotor but will have to change out the caliper.

Lots of options but it is inexpensive.

The Chief

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the instructions. Easy-E that back shot is darn sexy. Exactly what I wish I had. But I guess that to achieve that look, you need and extra couple of grands, Right ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts