Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you really need help. One more time. Does any one no what the settings are on the new FI2000 and what are they for. I know some body else on this board has the FI2000. I meant the factory settings for the bike, mine are 4 4 1.

VTXED Steve

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sorry, I got a PCIII. Just posted to let you know someone read your post.

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
First off, it is Saturday afternoon, lots of people, specially in the north where it's just starting to be warm enough for riding, are out riding.
Second, don't start a second thread asking the same thing. That is what this, :bump: , is for. Brings your question back to the top.
Third, what "Correct setting" are you looking for? There is no 1 correct setting for every bike. You adjust it for your bike and mods. Sure someone can come along and give you a starting point, but you still should adjust it for your area and bike. 8)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey Spike I was trying to fill in, but you do a better job! :lol:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yep, spike is the search-miester :wink:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spike

I didn't know you where in charge of the board, sorry for starting a 2end thread your majisty :lol: :lol: my settings are 4-4-1, and I was looking for the factory settings, thanks for your help guy's

VTXED Steve

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
It's not my board, it keeps the number of threads down when a guy(me usually) searches for a specific subject. 8)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Re: Spike

vtxed said:
I didn't know you where in charge of the board, sorry for starting a 2end thread your majisty :lol: :lol: my settings are 4-4-1, and I was looking for the factory settings, thanks for your help guy's

VTXED Steve
I lurk on this board often......Spike gives more constructive help than anyone and seems to have a gift for "the search". Thanks Spike! we all appreciate what you do to help us all out. 8)
Eric

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Spike

Ericthered said:
vtxed said:

VTXED Steve
I lurk on this board often......Spike gives more constructive help than anyone and seems to have a gift for "the search". Thanks Spike! we all appreciate what you do to help us all out. 8)
Eric
I could not agree more with Eric.

The very link to the FI2000 manual I listed above came from a Spike thread.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You will find what I did, that there are no correct settings. Now, in the online instructions for my pipes, it says the correct settings (with Bigshots pipes) are 4.5, 3, and 0 (respectively). However, this is WAY too rich for my bike. So, I just played around with the settings...seems like just a little on Pot 1 (maybe halfway to 1), then 2 on Pot 2 works pretty good. Pot 3 is still 0.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have the FI2000, and it was set to the default settings per the Cobra instructions for their pipe. However, after installing Thunder baffles, and doing the desmog, I knew something was different in the running department. I relocated the FI from atop the battery, to the right side under the cover, so I could get to it without removing the seat. After warming up the bike, I did some tweaking on the pots (mine is the 2 pot version). My ear and seat of the pants tell me I'm close, and (SUPRISE!) it seems to run better with both pots fully CCW, which means it's doing nothing to the duration of the injector pulses. I still carry a small screwdriver in the tool bag, and it only takes me a few minutes to remove the side cover and tweak some more, but so far, I like it like this...no attenuation.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
off/ off/ off/ off /works the best :roll:
one of these days TFI will give up but till then they will come out with the same thing under a new name :lol:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guy's

Spike I hope i didn't affend you it was a joke :D :D. No matter where i set the pots the bike runs the same.

VTXED Steve

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:oops: :lol:

VTXED Steve

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
NCGrizz said:
You will find what I did, that there are no correct settings. Now, in the online instructions for my pipes, it says the correct settings (with Bigshots pipes) are 4.5, 3, and 0 (respectively). However, this is WAY too rich for my bike. So, I just played around with the settings...seems like just a little on Pot 1 (maybe halfway to 1), then 2 on Pot 2 works pretty good. Pot 3 is still 0.
Grizz:
When you say 1 (or 2 for that matter), are you referring to the small, very-difficult-to-see numbers on the trim pot itself, or are you referring to some relative position? Thanks! :p

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bo Bo said:
NCGrizz said:
Grizz:
When you say 1 (or 2 for that matter), are you referring to the small, very-difficult-to-see numbers on the trim pot itself, or are you referring to some relative position? Thanks! :p
Referring to the numbers on the unit. I have the 3 pot, and the numbers are readable. To be honest, I am thinking of turning Pot 2 completely off, and see what happens. Will probably keep Pot 1 barely turned on to keep the decel popping at a minimum.....will let you know how it goes, but I am starting to think that unless you have a fully open air intake, that the bikes computer would handle it just fine.....

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
VTX's, almost without exception, tend to run a little lean at low rpm's, and rich at high rpms. Therefore, the mid and high range pots should be set to "0" (off). The TFI will only make your bike too rich otherwise.

Down low, I'd try "1". Maybe "2" tops, but no more than that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts