Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gaurdian bell and I'm trying to find the best place to hang it as well as the best method!

G

·
0 Posts
Check my pic. Lower right side (left as you look at it).

I used leather to tie it up.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you loosen the two 14mm bolts that hold your right floorboard/brake assembly to the frame then take the rear(lower) one all the way out that will give you enough play to hang one in the gap between the bracket and the frame. I took a heavy round keyring that fit over the rise there so that the bell could move freely hanging from the keyring. When you slip the keyring in then stick the bolt in and tighten the bell and keyring will move freely. I used a keyring about an inch in diameter. It was just one I found in the junk drawer that matched.
If you go to this post of mine you can see how it hangs in the last two pics. You can see the silver bell under the flooboard. Because it is on the high side when on the kickstand you can really see it when parked.
Hope this helps!
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67859

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have the chrome radiator grill and i drilled a small hole at the bottom of it to hang the bell using a small key ring.
get it as close to the ground as you can for best protection.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bell

Mine is on my Keyring for my bike.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agel Bells

Is it true that the bells will only protect you if they're given as a gift?
Does anyone have any articles or websites about motorcycle angel bells?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was given a bell a while ago as a gift and was told it will protect me and it is an old superstition. This was told to me by my mom and her bf, both have had serious and not so serious accidents since they got there bikes, boulevard and a mean streak. I think the mean streak was totalled at one point. Anyway, I have over 6500 miles on my X so far without a scratch. If it is all about superstition, my superstitions are telling me that I have been fine without the bell, they havent. Why would I change things now with the bell..

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Re: Agel Bells

Meanbrew said:
Is it true that the bells will only protect you if they're given as a gift?
Does anyone have any articles or websites about motorcycle angel bells?
Here is the standard story:
http://www.americancyclemart.com/2003Ac ... ardian.htm

I have mine zip tied to the frame tube that runs left to right under the radiator. Before that, I had it below the right footpeg but it would always drag, bounce up and nick the frame.
No dragging under the radiator.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Angel bells

THANKS Balrog and Poison!! A group of us are going to Laconia Bike Week this June ( camping at Gunstock ski resort ) and I think I'll get eveyone to buy each other the bells. It can't hurt to have a good spirit looking after you!
Rob

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i had a bell on my intruder.i forgot to take it off when i tradded it in,someone got a free bell.now i need to get a new one.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I've got one on each side! Hung mine down low by the Fwd control mount points, tied 'em on with leather thong. One is from my Dad, GW rider, and one I bought myself cuz I liked the design (POW/MIA). Figured if one was good two would be better... wouldn't ride without 'em! 8)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Folks,
I drilled a hole through the rib on the underside of the lower triple tree on the right side. Put the bell through there.
Ron

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Re: Angel bells

Meanbrew said:
THANKS Balrog and Poison!! A group of us are going to Laconia Bike Week this June ( camping at Gunstock ski resort ) and I think I'll get eveyone to buy each other the bells. It can't hurt to have a good spirit looking after you!
Rob
now there's the love.

I have always called it a grimlin bell, and it must be given as a gift by someone who loves you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fuel Shut off Valve

I too used the keyring that came on the bell and looped it through one eyelet of the fuel hose clamp right behind the shut off valve. Fills the open gap. Hangs freely, doesn't scratch anything.

Xster

1 - 20 of 24 Posts