Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mistakenly cut (instead of just "released") the 1/4" zip tie at the rear of the backbone when I was doing the PAIR system removal. Anyone know where I can buy another heavy-duty, long zip tie like that (even if doesn't have the release feature)? I'm hoping to find retail rather than the web.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
zip ties

We use a really heavy zip tie when installing flexable air duct. These ties can be found at hvac supply houses. They are heavy duty for sure. Actually 1/4" is not all that heavy and as suggested lowe's or H.depot should work also. When we need a heavier tie we use two side byside, that seems to work.
Good luck
tomccc

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Be sure to get the ones with the METAL retaining clip inside as opposed to the plastic. Plastic ones can be broken, metal ones NORMALLY cannot!

Try an electric supply shop or a good, old-fashioned hardware store as opposed to Lowes or Home Depot. You might have better luck.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
We used to get some big heavy duty ones from a guy that worked for the telephone company. They were about 1/4" wide with metal pins that held them closed. If you know someone on a telephone crew, he might be able to get you a couple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts