Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know where others have mounted the Memphis Shades lowers. I mounted mine just below and behind the turn signals. I am 5'9" and I have a MF 19" windshield and a Mustang seat on a Retro. I do look a couple of inches over the shield, so vision is not an issue. My problem is that I still get considerable head buffeting with the lowers in this spot. They are better than with the shield alone, but I guess I expected better. Any suggestions?? Pics could certainly help!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
lowers

I had the same problem. What I did was i removed my turn signal bar and put small spacers(large nuts) and I got longer bolts I think they are about 2 inches. When you do this it will move the turn signal bar out enough so that you can lift the lowers about 2 to 3 inches higher that stopped most of the buffering. The rest of the wind is coming from the sides of the shield.

·
Registered
907 Posts
LOWERS

I extended the signal bar with a spacer and longer bolts which allowed me to move the lowers up to the edge of my Memphis Fats shield. If you need any info on the length of bolts, spacer, etc., let me know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: LOWERS

ked72k said:
I extended the signal bar with a spacer and longer bolts which allowed me to move the lowers up to the edge of my Memphis Fats shield. If you need any info on the length of bolts, spacer, etc., let me know.
I will be adding the lowers too as soon as they get here. Would you post the info please.

Thanks,

Marl

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
On the forks :twisted:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I mounted mine right behind the turn signals (very tight) with a slight overlap with the bottom of the windshield.

I had originally mounted them below the signals and that left a gap where air was still smacking me around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can u give me the info also??

·
Registered
53 Posts
For those who prefer chrome, the lowers manufactured by custom world for the AERO's will also fit the vtx 1300S or 1300R model. I think you can find the best price for these at value accesories.com

·
Registered
341 Posts
I mounted mine right under my cobra light bar and drilled holes in the lowers so the turn signals come through them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If anyone is interested . . . I mounted a a pair of National Cycle Chrome lowers to the windshield bracket on my Retro. Looks 'factory'. I'd be happy to provide pictures and "advice".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts