Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there are alot of VTX riders in RI. I think it would be a good idea to have a list of where in the state your from that way if your headed that way you could ask about things to see or places to eat. RI, SMALL BUT FIESTIE:cool:

·
Cheapozilla
2,579 Posts
Like someone said last time, there is more action happening in the cemetery than on the RI state board :lol: I hope this thread goes beyond one page 8)

Kent County here.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
The NH board was up and down for a while too. In the last couple of years with the help of some of our riders in the group, we mounted a salvage operation that worked out really well. We made up some business cards promoting the VTXOA site and ourselves. Wherever we spotted a VTX, we stuck a card. We just ran our 2nd anniversary ride on May 31st and had a total of 41 bikes. Most were VTX's with some riders bringing additional family or friends. We also keep a couple of sites on the web going for riders in our area to check us out. Paul (btalon) maintains a site called NH-VTX.com with lots of info and also keeps a mailing list to info people of new activities. I keep a couple of things going like a Photo Gallery of rides, a calendar, and even a google map of where we are from in NH. Those links are below in my sig. Other states have even started joining our group since we have become more active. Because of differing work schedules, not all from our group make every ride. Most times we have a few bikes going to a few areas. but we do have several group rides that have several riders attending. Our group has a lot of fun whenever we hook up, and the laughs fly as we ride each other on the NH board, especially in the off season. We are a tight group and recently put together some patches for our jackets and vests and have an order at a local screen printer for about 180 T-shirts.

Good luck with your endeavors and make it happen! Don't let it die off as so many other state boards have. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jim's Beach Ride

Thanks for the ride Jim. Had a great time meeting up and riding with all you guys. I can't remember all your names doc,sleepy,sneezy,dopey.......see ya all soon

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for the ride Jim. Had a great time meeting up and riding with all you guys. I can't remember all your names doc,sleepy,sneezy,dopey.......see ya all soon
How did the rest of your ride with Paul go? Did he end up heading toward the cape? I'm going to post a link of his web page on the other thread so all the guys on the ride can check it out.
Don't worry we'll get some more RI rides going. Sometimes it's tough to balance the family stuff but we'll find some openings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did the rest of your ride with Paul go? Did he end up heading toward the cape? I'm going to post a link of his web page on the other thread so all the guys on the ride can check it out.
Don't worry we'll get some more RI rides going. Sometimes it's tough to balance the family stuff but we'll find some openings.
We had a great ride over the Jamestown and Newport bridges. The views:shock: were awesome. Sailboats all over the bay...you could see Block Island finally...without the rain clouds. I turned off and Paul kept heading to the cape for some off road (sand dune)riding. What an animal. How many miles did he put on that day?Talk soon Rob.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rob,I bet he logged on over 400 miles by the end of the day. He rides all over the country on his other bike which is the st1300. You should check out his web page it's incredible. BTW anything new ar Razee?

·
Registered
41 Posts
membership

I 'VE been a member of VTXOA since winter 2002.The information here was the deciding factor on my purchase of my 2003 blk 1800c @Bettencourts in Bridgewater,MASS.I am a RHODE ISLAND resident.I seen this web site change soo many times.Big differences over the years.The winters are what kills the riding and the communication plus being a small state.PLUS I'm in TIVERTON .I also hurt my back but riding bikes is in my blood.HEECK I'LL BUY A A TRIKE.I just saw a man put his trike up for sale a week ago . I didn't see what it was ,I just saw that it was white,may even of been a goldwing trike.Well it's good to see that even a few if not many are still keeping the R.I. club together.:doorag: VTXSYCKO Later.............

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah still some of us left. Sorry to hear about your back had problems with mine in the 80s.Disc L3L4 L5 had the surgery and everything turned out ok. Well summer is running down hope to see you guys on the other side of the bridge. 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rides

Any of you guys do the Dream Ride in CT.? Jim....when we riding? We gotta get a Sept or Oct. ride together.The Ct boyz.... I finally got my brother in law off his VESPA and onto a "bike". Triumph......though. but he is happier than a pig in @%$*. Already doing the customizing and he just got his liscence sunday.(permit). Anybody out there doing a ride.... post it..................

·
Registered
17 Posts
I 'VE been a member of VTXOA since winter 2002.The information here was the deciding factor on my purchase of my 2003 blk 1800c @Bettencourts in Bridgewater,MASS.I am a RHODE ISLAND resident.I seen this web site change soo many times.Big differences over the years.The winters are what kills the riding and the communication plus being a small state.PLUS I'm in TIVERTON .I also hurt my back but riding bikes is in my blood.HEECK I'LL BUY A A TRIKE.I just saw a man put his trike up for sale a week ago . I didn't see what it was ,I just saw that it was white,may even of been a goldwing trike.Well it's good to see that even a few if not many are still keeping the R.I. club together.:doorag: VTXSYCKO Later.............[/quo
Hey sycko.........good to hear someone is out there. The weather here doesn't seem to want to cooperate when I'm off or during the week-ends. Soooo frustrating. Any time you want to get out for a ride let me know. I am in portsmouth. see ya

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any of you guys do the Dream Ride in CT.? Jim....when we riding? We gotta get a Sept or Oct. ride together.The Ct boyz.... I finally got my brother in law off his VESPA and onto a "bike". Triumph......though. but he is happier than a pig in @%$*. Already doing the customizing and he just got his liscence sunday.(permit). Anybody out there doing a ride.... post it..................
Hi Rob, I'm heading up to Rice-O-Rama on the 13th of sept. this is a great show with plenty of vintage bikes. I'm not getting a huge group ride together for this but if anyone wants to ride up with us your more than welcome to come along. http://www.rice-o-rama.com/

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It seems there are alot of VTX riders in RI. I think it would be a good idea to have a list of where in the state your from that way if your headed that way you could ask about things to see or places to eat. RI, SMALL BUT FIESTIE:cool:
Gezz your only 2 towns away. I'm in W.Barrington. You hang at sip+dip?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm up in Mass. Canton, MA to be specific. Right up good old 95. So RI is not out of the question. Got a bunch of buddies down that way. So I am always looking for an excuse to hit your state. The only restriction is my kids schedule. But that's probably true for most of us.

My Bike is an '05 1800-F2 with the usual mods. I'll update my profile soon. I promise.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts