Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's the holidays, or the non-riding snow time blues, but it seems that the number of posts/replies has slowed down significantly. What's going on?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Let me see "where am I?". . .I am looking at my computer screen of my latest desktop image of a beach [email protected] sand, blue water and palm trees. I am kicking back in my easy chair sucking down a Margarita. . .then I looked out my window and shivered my @ss off at all the snow in my yard (still can't get out because of the ice)--Yeah I'm still here on the Hood Canal! So much for 88 degrees, ocean frontage and Palm Trees. I can still taste that Margarita--that is for real!:yikes:

Cheers,
Rowland

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I can second that.:D I for one have been busy with the holidays, vistors an snow covered roads slowing me down for work.

New Years day ride was a bust this year but probably it was for the best after what most of us been through last year. :popcorn:

I think it will be slow here for a while but the chatter will be back....as for me I'm heading down stairs now to baby sit my grandaughter Kelly for the evening.

Happy typing all. :D

Todd

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
I worked 24 days straight and finally took a long weekend. I spent some quiet time with my wife for a few days and yesterday on a customers bike. Now I'm back to work and will try to visit and participate more :shock: :lol:

·
Banned
11,318 Posts
I suprised my mom in Sacramento for Christmas for 6 days:thumbup:, came home and worked:mad:, now I'm being a dork with my new WII...and I don't even like video games!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Maybe we need to get Keevin a bottle of JD :yikes:
Good call, Aaron. But I missed 48 hours of work last month, so I have to buy the cheap stuff (green label). AND I'm outta firewood!. So, between the cheap booze, no fires, no racoons, family visiting during the holidays and all that jazz, I've not been writing much. Things should settle back into a normal routine soon. I'll be drinking JD, having a fire, working 40+ week, and hopefully, getting some riding time in, too. Then I'll be in a writing mood.

Fair warning, though - some of my threads are "Off Topic":smile::-?:cool:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I suprised my mom in Sacramento for Christmas for 6 days:thumbup:, came home and worked
, now I'm being a dork with my new WII...and I don't even like video games!!:dontknow: Quote by Steve.

Hey Steve, You can always give it to the boys to chew on.:lol:

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Well the holidays are always hectic. Thankfully they are over now. Been busy here with work. Then I have to go pick up Tasha from wrestling practice go home and get dinner ready. I miss Clint being home in the evenings. 2 days a week I have to come home and get Jessica and take her to her wrestling practice as well then come home and do dinner and everything else.
AND now Jessica wants to start pep band starting next week. Help??? :shock:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Haven't forgotten about you all. Just laying low for a while. Haven't had much free time at all lately. I'll be out in the spring for sure, maybe show up at a winter meet some time if I can get free.

In the mean time, I just put two 5-gallon batches of home brew into the fermenters. Mmmmmm, beeeeer! :beer3: Got a hoppy IPA and a tangerine hefeweizen bubbling away. Should be ready in a little over a month. Got some winter mods and maintenance to take care of on the blue beast, so I should be doing a tear down later this month. Other than that, just bowling on Thursdays, working, and taking care of family.

Think I'll crack a pale ale for a nightcap and head to bed. Gotta work in the morning. :thumbup: G'night all!

Brian

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Me.....I'm just hang'n low nursing my wounded wing. Thic cast on my arm is driving me %*&@!# Nuts! I'm just looking forward to the snow melting and getting rid of this cast so I can go for a ride. I'm having a very bad case of cabin fever!

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Sarg is still here. Been takin it easy as I just had a hernia repaired:crew: Doc said to take it easy for a while so no work for another few weeks. Been watching the board watching watching watching watching ohh damn PERCOCET:oops:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
LOL Matt - are you meaking any headway on the Raider without me being there?
I am determined to find some time to get out there & get the wheels on at least. I can hardly wait to see that 240 on the rear!

Gotta get to sleep - early meetin in the morning.

Things are beginning to calm down a bit and get back to 'normal'.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Where are we?

We're down here shoveling snow [at the rate of about 3-5" daily].
:(

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just spent 3 days in bed, sick with the flu...or something. It hurt too much to move. Feeling better now though.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've noticed the same thing, but figured it was the holidays and bad weather. Good to see ya'll are still out there.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't forgotten about you all. Just laying low for a while. Haven't had much free time at all lately. I'll be out in the spring for sure, maybe show up at a winter meet some time if I can get free.

In the mean time, I just put two 5-gallon batches of home brew into the fermenters. Mmmmmm, beeeeer! :beer3: Got a hoppy IPA and a tangerine hefeweizen bubbling away. Should be ready in a little over a month. Got some winter mods and maintenance to take care of on the blue beast, so I should be doing a tear down later this month. Other than that, just bowling on Thursdays, working, and taking care of family.

Think I'll crack a pale ale for a nightcap and head to bed. Gotta work in the morning. :thumbup: G'night all!

Brian
Sounds like we need a road trip to Brian's in about a month :beer3:

Rumors of sunshine this weekend! May try to get in a short ride between kid's BB games.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts