Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GIpro x-type gear indicator for my 2005 VTX 1300 c. It hooks up to the speed sensor coupler which was no problem, but then another single wire needs to be hooked into "the wire that comes from the Ignition Pulse Generator (pickup coil)". Instructions state I can find this wire "either at the 2-pole plug of th ignition pulse generator, or at the ECM box (also called ECU and ICD connector)"

I have not a clue where I find this wire to tap into. Can anyone assist me and let me know exactly where I would find this wire on my 2005 VTX 1300 C?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Your question had been answered...

On another post.

It's located under the seat, left side as you sit, covered with a boot.

According to the wiring diagram, it's w/bu & g...white/blue and green.:thumbup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
On another post.

It's located under the seat, left side as you sit, covered with a boot.

According to the wiring diagram, it's w/bu & g...white/blue and green.:thumbup:
:agree: very sound piece of advice also is to get the service manual I personaly have it on disc so I can take the ole laptop right to where im working. you will never regret the investment.
good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out ! :grin:

There are two rubber boots containing wires directly in front of the battery in the middle of the bike. (There are no rubber boots to the left side). The wire I was looking for is white with a thin blue stripe (only).

Seems to be working great!

Thanks again for your assitance Kodiak536 !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an LED gear indicator to show you what gear you are in. I wanted one so I don't keep looking for that non-existent 6th gear and look like a donkey by trying to shift up one more gear from 5th... :lol:

Below is a link to the company which makes them (Heal Tech) as well as Blue Monkey Motorsports (formerly Cal Sport Bike, hence the web address) which is a distributor of them in the United States.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

http://www.calsportbike.com/gpx/

FYI, once I got it hooked up it works great ! Programming was absolutely automatic. I would recommend one for anyone who occassionally wants to be certain what gear they are in and also wants to avoid looking stupid by occasionally trying to shift into the non-existent 6th gear...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Pretty cool, but for that money I could put a 6 th gear in...lol
Shows MPH also doesnt it????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts