Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I want to upgrade from the Clayton mod to the "Deep" clayton Mod, but can't find the thread. assistance please?

on a larger scale, is it me, or does the search feature blow?

while I'm here, I'll try to "add a poll" thing

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
I agree the search sucks and I dont think its us, As for the search I typed in clayton and got a bunch of info just didnt know which one you really needed man its a lot of reading. Good Luck

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops, I changed my mind on the poll.. was going to be

This search feature

A) blows
B) doesn't blow

but thought that might be in appropriate.

My problem is I want "DEEP CLAYTON MOD" but I get people talking about "CLAYTON MOD" with that "DEEP" sound.... ugh. This problem is fairly reasonable, but other times, you search for something less likely to get bad links but you still get bad links. thanks anyways Tenn

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2lman said:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

That's precisely what I was looking for. I even posted on that same thread! should have known. Anyways, one video link in there does a GREAT job of comparing stock sound to clayton mod. that's the problem w/ most videos, you can't compare 1 sound to another on the same camera/mic/etc. So sound never has justice done to it. BUT, if you use the same camera to record 2 sounds, you can compare. I'm buying drill bits today and I'm going to try to compare Clayton to DEEP Clayton. Someone said deep to regular is like regular to stock, if that's true, I'll be pumped.

thanks again.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Let me know how that works out for you. I did the clayton mod and I've been toying with idea of doing the deep mod. I'd like a little deeper sound, but the wife likes the way they sound now.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a 12" long 1/2" drill bit during lunch break today, I'm going to warm up the bike and go for a ride to record Clayton as soon as I get home. Provided the storms hold off, I'll be recording the deep mod tonight too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.