Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked the local Auto Zone, Advance, and bike shops and no one has this oil.

Anyone know of anyplace I can locate it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just called all 3 of those and none of them have it. Any other ideas? This stuff seems to just as hard to find locally as Amsoil.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I get mine at autozone and advance. Sometimes u have to ask its in the back.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Also got mine from auto zone. They should be able to order it for you.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I paid around 8.50 a quart last year. That is close enough on price.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
JOEJET said:
I get mine at autozone and advance. Sometimes u have to ask its in the back.
+1

·
Super Moderator
64,339 Posts
badvtx1300 said:
http://avlube.com/mob1mx104cyc1.html

found some at the above link. 49.50 for 6 quarts. is that a good price?
thanks.
Add shipping to that too. If you want AMSOIL, I can beat that price with shipping

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how long would shipping approximately take? i am in OH. also how much is amsoil - 4 qts?
thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought a case of Mobil 4T at the local O'Reilly Auto Parts for $6.99 a quart. They should be able to order it for you if they don't have any on the shelf. You can also order it from the O'Reilly web site.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chicago-Spike - I did get your PM. THank you very much for the info. I was out and about yesterday and decided to stop in the local Autozone and check for myself if they actually had the Mobile 1 (I had called them before and they merely said they didnt have it) and they did actually have it. So I picked up 4 qts since I am now over the 600 miles for 1st service. I may end up switching to Amsoil if I dont like the Mobil. Thanks again for your time and info.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where to buy Mobil 1 Racing 4X

I am a little concerned with the oil consumption on my X since I put in the Mobil 1 10-40 motorcycle oil. I had changed the oil three times before reaching 7700 miles on the odometer and had never added a single drop between changes. Now, in the 4500 miles since I have added two quarts. I don't know whether to continue with Mobil 1 4T(?) or go to their special 20-50 weight v-twin oil, or just to go back to the Honda oil I had used previously.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone else having oil consumption issues with the Mobil 1 4T?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I changed my oil at 510 miles with Honda 10w-30. Ran that until 2700 miles and switched to the Mobil 1 4T 10W-40. Took a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway and put about 1200 miles on the bike. I checked the oil when I returned and it was still full as it was when I left. Transmission shifts allot smoother too. :mcrider:

·
Super Moderator
64,339 Posts
Re: Where to buy Mobil 1 Racing 4X

hotspur said:
I am a little concerned with the oil consumption on my X since I put in the Mobil 1 10-40 motorcycle oil. I had changed the oil three times before reaching 7700 miles on the odometer and had never added a single drop between changes. Now, in the 4500 miles since I have added two quarts. I don't know whether to continue with Mobil 1 4T(?) or go to their special 20-50 weight v-twin oil, or just to go back to the Honda oil I had used previously.
What was the driving like during this time? Lot's of highspeed highway miles? Loaded bike and maybe pulling a trailer?
Some bikes will burn some oil(doesn't matter natural or synthetic) with high speed highway miles and pulling trailers or heavy loads. Then when they are home again, the oil consumption stops

1 - 20 of 21 Posts