Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

Well, I'm at 600 miles and time for my first oil/filter change. What local stores sell it? Can I just go to Advance Auto or AutoZone or something and get it? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
oil filter/change.

Purolator PureONE #PL14610 filter and mobil one red cap 15w50 oil is what i use. They can be found anywhere.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Gergs said:
Hi everybody.

Well, I'm at 600 miles and time for my first oil/filter change. What local stores sell it? Can I just go to Advance Auto or AutoZone or something and get it? Thanks for the advice.
Auto Zone...Bosch 3323 $5.99 about as good as you can get for filtering.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just bought the new Mobil 1 gold cap 15-50w at Pepboys $5.99 qt, buy their calender for $1.00 and use the coupon in there for "buy 3 qts get 3 free". A great deal. I bought another calender while there to stock up on the oil.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Hey at 600 miles thats not only an oil change but also a valve check. You might want to actually take it by the dealer for this one. Typically i've done the work on most of my bikes, but let Honda do this one and guess what ... my valves actually did need adjusting. I thought they did because of the sound, $190 bucks but well worth it in the long run. IMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts