Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get the Stebel. It's time. X-treme Revolution only carries the trumpet style. HDL doesn't carry it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stebel horn

I actually saw one for sale in Advance Auto Parts. The price was a little high, around 40 bucks I think, but it was local.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Got mine here. http://www.bikerhiway.com/

Came with wiring kit and was at my door 4 days
after I ordered it, (ground shipping).
And ya, it's loud.

JT

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Jumbo Jet said:
Harbor Freight - $35 here.
Isnt that the bad boy horn made by Wolo? I believe I had read that it is only 118db. Not that 118 isnt darn loud. Stebel claims 139db. Now we gotta get the two together and see..er.. hear the difference.

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
Boaters World has a nice electric triple chrome plated trumpet horn for about 60.oo. Dunno how loud but, it looks nice,

·
Registered
526 Posts
dave shady said:
Where are you all mounting this lil horn? 2002 retro

That is just what I have been looking for!
pepsx makes a bracket to mount it under the swingarm. I mounted the bride's on her left engine guard, next to the downtube. I mounted mine on the left downtube.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
after my quick ride to work today and looking at the current horn location There are the 2 bolts on the down tube infront of the current horn that you could easily fab a bracket on there that would allow mounting of a chrome horn for sure. Will have to get one ordered up and see what if anything is attached behind the frame tube there. I think that will be my location.

How long have you had your horns up front? holding up well to the elements? any photos of how you mounted yours?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
hipshot said:
dave shady said:
Where are you all mounting this lil horn? 2002 retro

That is just what I have been looking for!
pepsx makes a bracket to mount it under the swingarm. I mounted the bride's on her left engine guard, next to the downtube. I mounted mine on the left downtube.
If you've desmogged, it fits nicely on a bracket on the rht side of the backbone tube. The trumpet will point to the right and slightly forward. It'll be slightly visable if you look under the tank.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
thanks for that tip, Im totaly desmogged and non stock airbox, I found the post now that bare added how its mounted. Man that woudl be easier as long as it doesnt make me go deaf being that much closer to my head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts