Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a set of Kury ISO grips for my 04 1800C. I hear everyone talking about putting the grips on their VTX that are made for the Valk. What is this about? Why not get ones for the VTX? My girlfriend bought me a pair but they are for a Goldwing, so I have exchange them and I want to make sure to get the right ones.
Can someone explain this?

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
When the X was first released, there were little to no parts available for it, much like the new F model guys are going through but much worse. So some people started trying stuff out. Before there were VTX specific grips the Valk grips fit but were about a half inch too long so spacers were added. Now they keep the bigger grips because some guys like the longer grip. So get either, it makes no difference really both work. 8)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got ISO grips recently and rode back to DC from daytona with them. they do look nice, but i find them a bit uncomfortable since they are so big and bulgy(sp?). i'm seriously considering buying another pair of stockers and changing back...just an FYI

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
With the Valk grips, you don't have to replace the throttle sleeve either. They fit right over the stock sleeve. 8)

·
Registered
430 Posts
With the new VTX grips, you don't have to replace the sleeve either. They slide on the stock sleeve just like the Valk ones. (I know, I just put a new ISO throttle grip on last week.)

When I first put my ISO grips on I thought the stockers were better too. However, after I used them awhile, I liked the ISO's better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts