Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering changing my Pro R Hypercharger from Kury to the Hi 5. Can anyone give me some input on performance ? And also, would I have to rejet or is it the same. Had the stealer install the Pro R when I first bought the bike so I have learned to do my own work since then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm currently deciding wether I want the kuri high 5 or pro r hypercharger, so would also appreciate some comments from anyone who has tried both.

What makes you consider swapping out the hypercharger?

G

·
Hyperchargers have been tested and do NOT give as much gains in HP as Kurys. If you're after performance gains, go with Kury. Otherwise, it's up to you what looks best.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Thunderangel said:
Considering changing my Pro R Hypercharger from Kury to the Hi 5. Can anyone give me some input on performance ? And also, would I have to rejet or is it the same. Had the stealer install the Pro R when I first bought the bike so I have learned to do my own work since then.
You will not notice any difference in performance. Just buy what looks best with you. If it runs well with the jetting for the Hyper, you will probably be ok with the same set up on the High 5, but it may need a little tweaking.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Glennok said:
Hyperchargers have been tested and do NOT give as much gains in HP as Kurys. If you're after performance gains, go with Kury. Otherwise, it's up to you what looks best.
Kuryakyn makes the Hypercharger as well.

G

·
DonvtxC said:
Glennok said:
I realize that, but they are not the same. The Hi-5 lets in gobs more air.

I'm just going by what the cheese man has said, and he's dyno'd both.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glennok said:
DonvtxC said:
Glennok said:
I realize that, but they are not the same. The Hi-5 lets in gobs more air.

I'm just going by what the cheese man has said, and he's dyno'd both.
If you want more speed and performace buy a Sport bike!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I want to go from stock air filter to either the high 5 or hyper. I'm a bit torn between the two at the moment, the looks of the hypercharger are amazin when its on, I've got long legs so comfort shouldn't be an issue. I just hope that my garage can tweak it nice, they build custom bikes and convert bikes, so they should be a good choice.

The dealer who fitted my V&H pipes (bought the bike wth them on) I don't think did a great job, as there is alot of popping when decelerating, although I believe my quiet baffles should soon correct that

·
Registered
388 Posts
tlawrence84 said:
The dealer who fitted my V&H pipes (bought the bike wth them on) I don't think did a great job, as there is alot of popping when decelerating, although I believe my quiet baffles should soon correct that
When you bought the bike, was the Pair Valve assembly already removed? That could be the reason for most of the decel popping....

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
DonvtxC said:
Glennok said:
Apparently Glen didn't read what he wrote. Is this disinformation, or misinformation? LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not sure if the pair valve was removed. Whats involved in this? Is there an easy way to check that it was done?

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
I've got the Hyper Pro R...grown to hate it. Butterflies quit working countless times...i quit fixing it.
It sticks out too far for the highway pegs to be comfortable.
Plus, I've now found alot of cooler and more functional intakes for less.

Thus, once I make up my mind...the Hyper will be gone...cheap if someone wants it, but i'd feel bad selling one that doesn't work too. :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Well, can tell you the hi-5 on Dpearly's has been a constant source of problems :evil: due to the jet kits (replaced 3x in 1 year) and amount of H20 that can/does get sucked in :evil: . The constant cleaning and re-oiling of the filter to keep it clean and not dripping, (every rain shower etc) on the engine housing is a BIOTCH! Definetly not worth the hassle for such minimal improvement in preformance. But it does look good....

Personally, you couldn't give me either....IMHO - keep the stock airbox, switch to a K&N filter and call it good.... done the desmog only and have had no problems since/when I put the 2-1 on my baby....

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
cybrhick said:
DonvtxC said:
Glennok said:
Apparently Glen didn't read what he wrote. Is this disinformation, or misinformation? LOL
Definitely Disinformation.....

tomb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts