Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok , i went to the cobra website and looked and 'listened' to the pipe samples for a 07 1300 r, they all sound exactly alike, sound like a harley. question, do they really sound like a harley or was that some fancy 'advertising"???

what is the best sounding pipe for a 1300??? i would like to get as close as possible to a harley sound as i can. i have the clayton mod done, all 1/2c " holes, now.

thanks for all info. hope everyone had a good Christmas and a good
new yrs.

.......dinoo

·
Registered
600 Posts
What I have found to be a true sound of a Harley is a Harley. Dino, check the side of your tank it is a 1300 Honda. So I guess the best thing to do is buy a Harley if you really want to sound like one. Then you will also have to go around everytime that you ride and tighten all the nuts, screws and bolts. Then you will have to get some chewing gum out to patch the oil leaks. You see all of this is what makes a Harley sound like a Harley, good luck on you choice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If I put Yamaha pipes on my 1300, will it make mine sound like a Suzuki?

·
Registered
600 Posts
It will sound like a Dukati or a Harley, sorry nothing sounds like a Suzuki (ringgggg dinggggggg):p

·
Registered
876 Posts
As Thunderduck said "its not a Harley", Ive heard a lot of 1300,s with different aftermarket pipes and none really sound like a Harley. I have a 2008 Electra Glide with the stock exhaust and even it doesnt sound like a "Harley", well maybe when you really wind it out but at idle its very tame.
Most of the Harleys sound come from aftermarket exhaust if your talking about that deep rumble sound.
I have my VTX1300 mufflers modified by VTXEXHAUST and they have a deep sound at idle not thin and crackly, even had a motorcycle cop at the beach come over and comment on them when I started it up!
My suggestion is dont buy till you hear what you want, many of us on this site have aftermarket pipes ,next time there is a ride come and check them out, also Daytona bike week is around the corner and you will see and hear many 1300,s to help you decide, just ask the guy on his VTX what his pipes sound like, he will usually be happy to show you :doorag:

dan

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
i personally liked the HK big 3" straights, but they had chrome and pitting issues. they have a throaty deep thundering rumble.

i went with the Vance & Hines Big shots on my Redrto, they look good on the bike and have a thunder sound when you wrist back on the trottle.

i do not have them baffled and i'm sure i'll eventually get ticketed. :dontknow:

I have a 2008 Electra Glide with the stock exhaust and even it doesnt sound like a "Harley", well maybe when you really wind it out but at idle its very tame.
Dan you need to check out the rineharts brother, those pipes look and sound sweet!! 8)

·
Registered
254 Posts
i personally liked the HK big 3" straights, but they had chrome and pitting issues. they have a throaty deep thundering rumble.

i went with the Vance & Hines Big shots on my Redrto, they look good on the bike and have a thunder sound when you wrist back on the trottle.

i do not have them baffled and i'm sure i'll eventually get ticketed. :dontknow:

Dan you need to check out the rineharts brother, those pipes look and sound sweet!! 8)
+1 on what Overkill said about the Rineharts. I dont have them I have the HK3's. But I rode behind a guy at a charity ride a few months back, they look as good as they sound.

Tank...........:agree:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I dont remember the price. Just give them a call in the morning and ask for Dave in parts...He knows the price off the top
of his head. Also we have a speical on V.H. Employee cost $400.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I dont remember the price. Just give them a call in the morning and ask for Dave in parts...He knows the price off the top
of his head. Also we have a speical on V.H. Employee cost $400.
:shock: sweet deal!! that's 70 to 140 bucks cheaper that everyone else.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finally , thank you for some real advice.
i know 2 buds at my church, that have road kings, and they to have rhineharts, they do sound good. i know that a stock harley has a totally diff sound that one with after market pipes. i have heard the v/h long shots on a 1300, not reall fond of them, i had heard the that the cobras have a good sound. NOT EXACTLY, like a harley, but supposedly a pretty good sound. ihave not heard the cobras in person. has anyone??

well it has been a terrible last few days, had to make an emerg run to melbourne fl my son did somehting really stupid and spent about 4 day in IC, so we are finally back home, and glad he is on the mend.
ya'll check back and take care, please do not drink and drive a bike, in particular.
later...dinoo

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dino, hope your son is okay

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
friend's 2004 1800 C has cobras on it and they have pitted and got rusty bubbles.
he keeps that scooter spotless too, he is pretty disappointed with the pipes, but likes the sound.

i'm surprised Dinoo didn't like the Big Shots sound, mine sound pretty good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pipes

Stay away from Cobra's. The chrome on the tips on mine came of. HOJ here in Jax eventually replaced them after the Cobra rep was notified. Apparently this hapens a lot. But in Cobra's defense...their light bar is crap too (HOJ here in Jax replaced that too). As you can tell, not too happy with Cobra stuff.
On the happy side, the wife likes the sound of the pipes. She says the bike sounds like a motorcycle now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts