Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 VTX1800S
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had whitewalls on my Magna (originally Shinko, but then an Avon rear. Rear Shinko ran out after 10k miles, front still good) and think the VTX would look fab on them (I've made a copy of my bike in GTA V with whitewalls and it does look ace :LOL::LOL:).

What are my choices as I'm very limited over here. I liked my Shinko's characteristics except rear wear was quick. And they're radials and my S model needs Bias and tubes. And over here they are FAR from budget tyres and bloody expensive! Avon do a rear size in WW but again it's radial, and nothing for the front. I've researched the heck out of DIY WWs and it's just not a good idea. Although I have a cunning plan that nobody else has tried. But I'd rather factory WWs.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2002 VTX1800S
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, which brings up lots of posts from 2007, 2008, oh one from 2014... you get my point.. ;) So would be great to hear of any new tyres available that I don't know about so I can try and find them here. There's some great pics on there though!

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
U are gonna have to do some of your OWN leg work....as u know bike is out of production..if u pay attention ,very few people have responded and u will notice only a hand ful of repeat posters...old intel is about all that left....good luck...your needing it...

·
Registered
2002 VTX1800S
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree. I've done a lot of reading but seriously, most of the info is quite out of date. Was hoping that maybe new tyres in our sizes were available. I'll report back once I've found them. Shinko still available in my size, but they do wear quickly for me. when I ride to work it's 1 hr of motorway then 1 hr of better twisty road. Then home... The hour of motorway twice a day kills them. I found a new design Avon for the rear of my Magna which I think is the same size, but they don't do a front in WW. Ironically, I have a new Avon of the same design on the front but it's obviously black. Grr...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've looked. HD has a ww that will work on an 1800R/S, but only for the the front. No one I found has one for both front & rear. It got to the point that dealers could only suggest those inserts that custom show cars use . Anyone finds a source (that isn't Shinko), let me know.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Coker Tire has WW's for MC's. Limited sizes .

I don't shop there, but friends have for their garage -built hotrods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts