Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2008 1800T and live in Conway. I am trying to find others that have 1800's, because I am wanting to hear different pipes and exhaust mods. Let me know if you have one, what pipes/mods you have, and where you live. I want to hear some different defile before I drop any dough and possibly hate what I get. Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
1800s in Maryland. Have HK's with stock baffels w/ no packing. Sounds good to me. :dontknow:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm in Fayetteville. I believe what I have are samson warlords. Previous owner said they were "bubbas", but I still haven't been able to find anything by that name. They look exactly like slash cut samsons though. Sound incredible.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Currently running C-model pipes with the rear-most baffles removed.

Nice and low rumble and "barks" nicely when needed . . .

Previously installed retro stock 2-into-2 pipes with approximately 1/2" holes running through all the baffles.

Same results as the 2-into-1 . . .

Also ran C-model pipes with the entire muffler insides removed.

A very nice low sound and I loved the acceleration, but had massive backfiring to the point of flames shhoting out the back and a BANG like a shotgun -- not the part I liked at all. If I could create a baffle of some kind to reinstall and get rid of that loud BANG, I'd put those back on.

F.Y.I.: There's a guy in Searcy that bought a very large quantity of stock exhausts from Sunrise Honda and will seel you the entire exhaust (brand new) for $100 if you wanted to "experiment" with any mods or send an exhaust to vtxexhaust.com . . .

John's Cycle 501-207-3976

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good luck, I've been looking for pipes also. I havnt found any I like, been thinkig of vtv.com but havnt heard any yet.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Pipes

Somewhere between Chicago and Philly
1800 with HK 2in1.......these things are loud so much so I don't even take it home most times to my apt complex for fear neighbors would complain.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pipes

I Put Cobra Longs on my 1300 VTX. Originals were loud. Real loud to me. I put the cobra quite baffles in and now I love the sound.

JSR in HSV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts