Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be there but not on my bike, too hard to haul ice chest, scanner, and all the other crap.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'll be out there from Tues~Mon. Been doing the camping thing for past 5years. Nothing like camping & sharing a beer with 50~60 thousand NASCAR fans. I won't be bringing my bik out there..they outlawed anything motorized but a car(in camp grounds). I was there in 2000 when you could bring anything you wanted to ride around on & saw some awful close calls.

G

·
0 Posts
I went the first two years and camped both times.

The first year was a mud bath. Rained until Saturday morning...no qualifying. They didn't have much paved parking and the parking lots had just been graded. We had to go to Wal-mart and get pallets just so we didn't sink to our knees in the mud.

Highlight of the weekend was when Earnhardt and Waltrip wrecking on the first lap right in front of me. Cheered loudly.

·
Registered
474 Posts
glennok...i know what you mean by all the mud. We always get our campsite in the same section every year. The section we're in is about the highest ground around there. Very important thing to consider when selecting camp site.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
________North Carolina_____________

.............errrr, Ohhhhh that other sport! >>>#8<<<<Barney Olgelfield.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spamaster said:
I got me Bristol tickets for the night race this year.
Your lucky that would be my favorite race to go to. I have tried several times. but not luck.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Rubicon said:
Spamaster said:
I got me Bristol tickets for the night race this year.
Your lucky that would be my favorite race to go to. I have tried several times. but not luck.
The best part is I got Busch and Cup tickets for a total of $188

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Rubicon said:
I'll be there but not on my bike, too hard to haul ice chest, scanner, and all the other crap.
I know of 5 other X riders that will be attending so I was hopeing we could pick a location and meet up. I will be their from Thursday-Sunday. Please give me a call I may have some x-tra pit passes to give out for Sunday !!!!

817-825-7353

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The winner is..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That don't look like Tony's car.

·
Registered