Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I voted for this at the last meeting. Also voted again on here. YES,YES!!!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Again, I voted for the name change too first coast VTX Riders. C'mon Lamont, hook the brothers up on this. Remember, as a Military man I fight side by side with other military men and women for the freedom of speech, don't let us fight for this in vaine. It's a small request. If not for anything else at least for the request of a military man and his fellow riders. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
and here is easy way to keep our post
on our forum.
how bout this,
1] change the North Florida forum to "First Coast VTX Riders"

ok now, once our topics are under our title,
because the majority of the post, if not all,
are by us that elect to make this move.
so once this is done.

2] just add a new forum for the North Florida VTX Riders.

this way you still got North Florida VTX Riders,
and they got them a forum.
and we got our "First Coast VTX Riders" forum,
and we saved our post and topics.

but we are the majority of people that have posted on this forum,
North Florida, the past few months.
we'd like to have our own forum , separate from the rest.
we are the First Coast VTX Riders.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Let's hunt out the "no" voters.... Just kidding guys. I wouldn't be so surprised somebody actually voted no. I personally didn't feel strong enough on the issue to vote yes or no but if voting was mandatory, I would have voted no.
Why?
1) I don't live on the first coast even though I take rides over there.
2) We're trying to grow participation and the first "official" action is to invoke a name change that is exclusionary or at the very least can appear to be exclusionary.

It's not easy to explain, and I'm not looking for acceptance, but I feel a little more like a party crasher now than just two days ago.

See you at some events sometime in the future.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pegs said:
Let's hunt out the "no" voters.... Just kidding guys. I wouldn't be so surprised somebody actually voted no. I personally didn't feel strong enough on the issue to vote yes or no but if voting was mandatory, I would have voted no.
Why?
1) I don't live on the first coast even though I take rides over there.
2) We're trying to grow participation and the first "official" action is to invoke a name change that is exclusionary or at the very least can appear to be exclusionary.

It's not easy to explain, and I'm not looking for acceptance, but I feel a little more like a party crasher now than just two days ago.

See you at some events sometime in the future.
not to be a d*ck, but aren't you a lil' closer to the central fl group? or are they closer to orlando?

just wondering...and this is not meant to be exclusive. more like definitive.

and party crashin' is welcome...you just buy the first round!!

;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Closer to first coast than Orlando.

Awful damn close to North Florida. Hence, the opinion.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Pegs, you're with us if you want to be.....no intention of excluding surrounding riders....I think you are on the "cusp" of the First Coast anyway....where ever that is.....I think I can speak for all First Coast Riders (if I be so brave) that we want you with us.....man!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks MaCDaddy. My post was not an announcement of my seceding from the First Coast group. It simply put forth one persons logic that can explain the "no" votes.

As I also said in that post, I was not looking for acceptance, such as your expression but I appreciate it. Please do not all, one by one, feel the need to put forth similar invitations. Let me assure you there is nothing that has occurred that affects the number or types of events I hope to participate in with you.

Thank you.
Pegs

G

·
0 Posts
Pegs said:
Thanks MaCDaddy. My post was not an announcement of my seceding from the First Coast group. It simply put forth one persons logic that can explain the "no" votes.

As I also said in that post, I was not looking for acceptance, such as your expression but I appreciate it. Please do not all, one by one, feel the need to put forth similar invitations. Let me assure you there is nothing that has occurred that affects the number or types of events I hope to participate in with you.

Thank you.
Pegs
That is good to hear. I for one would be grieved if you were not with us.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
that is why i said after they added First Coast
and it moved the post we made.

then add a "NEW" north florida vtx riders forum.
giving the vtxoa a fifth florida forum and a additional
forum to the already large group area forums.

we only needed our forum to cover the first coast counties
nassau, duval, clay, st.johns and flagler. and possibly
a sixth putnam , which gives us melrose, east palatka and palatka.

simple solution.

then the north interior counties have their forum,
we have ours.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts