Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You go to a meeting place were X riders meet, you ride up not knowing anyone, how nice is it when someone sees you ride in on your VTX, walks up to you sticks out his hand and says nice bike, my name is __________ welcome to the family. That's my bike over there.
The rider that I will always remember for this is Xstang at Stroker's, last summer.
Thanks dude.
I try to remember to do it myself when I go there. Which is why when Tejas came down here I wanted to meet him on that cold winter Friday night a Stroker's when the Xs out numbered the Harleys just for him.
You gotta love it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The first one I met was Don (Hammer) who was in the NJ X-riders at the time. A couple of weeks later I met a whole bunch of other X-riders on my first ride with them.

I was even so fortunate to meet a bunch of Texas X-riders a while back. German Pete, BDC, VTX-Dad(?) I cant remember who else. Sorry. We met up at Strokers and I got a taste of Texas hospitality.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
The only one I have met was Zurn. But, he's not on the board anymore.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I saw the X in a magazine ad and had to have it, I went to the dealer and drove the x home about four hours later. Then about five months later I met Frank aka (KNARFIE) from the Washington VTX riders on a ride to ocean shores, now I can't seem to get off the bike and meet new owners almost every day. Great bike and great groupe to ride with, I would do it all over again!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
If Not the first, he's one of the first. And that would be LittleJohn. Met him in the old chat forum and he turned us on to our local board. We then met him in person and the wife and I have spent many a mile with him in the last year. John is rarely on the board now but he's a great guy and always fun to ride with. He knows some of the best back roads to take, very level headed and trully the kind of person ya want to meet and be around bikes with.

I just reread that and it sounds a bit gushy, not meant that way. It's just John has been a very good friend.

Rubicon, I was glad to meet you guys don't in Texas. Y'all made a Texas boy feel really like he was back home. I know the turn was small but the quality was great.

When we have our group's picnic up here in June, Y'll need to come up and have some fun with us.

Tejas

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rubicon

You were one of the first x-ers I met. It was at the last meet at Willhoits a couple weeks back.

I'm looking forward to the next get together there in Grapevine. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
numskul said:
Rubicon

You were one of the first x-ers I met. It was at the last meet at Willhoits a couple weeks back.

I'm looking forward to the next get together there in Grapevine. Hope to see you there.
COOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
It was you, Rubicon. At Strokers. You even put me on your mailing list.

That's why I always buy you a beer when I see you. 8)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even COOLER

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Met Jerry and Carrie at one of the local watering holes after. we talked awhile on the old board, then found out we lived a couple miles from each other. Amazing what we found we had in common. Had the same car, right down to the color. :shock: :shock: Stll great friends of Kim and I's.

V

·
0 Posts
My friend Don Brown…3 VTX’s in Dallas a few days later I had mine.

........at Strokers......!!! :wink:
next picture is when the "devil" came to Strokers/Dallas

·
Registered
430 Posts
I participated on the board for about a year before I actually met anyone in person. First time was the meet & greet for Hal & company during the WingDing last summer. First person was probably Ricstir...kinda hard to miss! :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
VTXROCKETEER said:
My friend Don Brown…3 VTX’s in Dallas a few days later I had mine.

........at Strokers......!!! :wink:
next picture is when the "devil" came to Strokers/Dallas

Damn-Im one good lookin Yankee aint I.

Hope all you TX boys are well. Still hoping to make it out that way again.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Yeah its all this guy's fault we found the Oklahoma VTX riders! Kool Kustoms a new shop in the town nearby showed us HDL and the VTXOA on his computer! Then in chat on VTXOA LittleJohn told us about the Oklahoma group...met John in person I believe at our dealers open house/poker run along with some of the others in the group April of 2004. What a treasure he is, guided us all over NE Oklahoma on several rides just the two of us with him. And he always volunteers to help out with events/rides too. You could call him up and he'd be ready to ride at a moments notice. I got these pics of him at the county toy run, he helped as a road guard at the intersections at this event. I should mention John was one of the ones that kept our group going when we ran into troubles with the original name.

G

·
0 Posts
BDC was the first i one i met...him and RMS, BDC has been my best friend ever since...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VTXRAT said:
I participated on the board for about a year before I actually met anyone in person. First time was the meet & greet for Hal & company during the WingDing last summer. First person was probably Ricstir...kinda hard to miss! :D
You got that right :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Ricstir said:
BDC was the first i one i met...him and RMS, BDC has been my best friend ever since...
I love you too Ricky boy!! lol

First X'er I met was Bud, other then the salesman were I bought the bike..

Bud came pulling up in front of the house in his truck asking how much I liked the bike, he called it a "V" I had to set him straight real quick it was an "X".. Sense then I have met over 100 X'ers and never met one I haven't liked.. You meet the best people on a Honda!!!

G

·
0 Posts
first one I met was CrazyMare, on a SCRC ride to kingman, az. Was almost a year ago, havent seen her since.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven't met any :( Maybe I need to get out more!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts