Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I was the only guy that plans on getting a Fury but just can't let my dependable VTX go. :dontknow:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm waiting for an 1800 (or bigger) Fury WITH a single pin crank! For me size does matter. And yes I am compensating for my "short" comings!:joke:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yea I would love to have one, but I will also have my X I will never give her up.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Clueless

Can you post a picture of them side by side to get a comparison of the wheel base difference.

Doug

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
3 in the garage would be too much, so no.

But if they had put the 1800 in the Fury, I would have traded my X for it.

·
Old Goat
25,133 Posts
Well IMHO the Fury is a youngun's scoot, Im leaning toward a GW or the Kawi voyager as I can only have 1 more scoot besides the X. Good luck to those who want or have 1.:thumbup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm waiting for an 1800 (or bigger) Fury WITH a single pin crank! For me size does matter. And yes I am compensating for my "short" comings!:joke:
A bigger motor is a safe bet, or at least one that has enough ponies not to get sand kicked in its face by every bigbore on the beach. That has got to be in the works if anybody in Honda's marketing dept has a pulse on the street.

My guess is it'll be between 1300 and 1800. Most riders who want well over 100 inches already have one and those that don't have more choices than the market will bear. It'll be something as innovative as the current motor is old-hat and will have over twice the horsepower. If anybody's listening that is. Sometimes I wonder.

H

·
0 Posts
A bigger motor is a safe bet, or at least one that has enough ponies not to get sand kicked in its face by every bigbore on the beach. That has got to be in the works if anybody in Honda's marketing dept has a pulse on the street.

My guess is it'll be between 1300 and 1800. Most riders who want well over 100 inches already have one and those that don't have more choices than the market will bear. It'll be something as innovative as the current motor is old-hat and will have over twice the horsepower. If anybody's listening that is. Sometimes I wonder.
If it took them almost all of the 21st Century to get the Fury to market, I wouldn't be in a hurry for a Fury version 2.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I plan on getting one, plus holding on to my VTX as well as my ST1300.

Each bike has it's specific use:doorag:

Guinness --

·
Registered
114 Posts
I plan on getting one, plus holding on to my VTX as well as my ST1300.

Each bike has it's specific use:doorag:

Guinness --
And I thought I was lucky being able to keep my car and my moutain bike!
You must have a great wife, or none at all, either way congrats! You are
a lucky man!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think a Fury for one-up and around-town, plus a luxury cruiser (Wing/Royal Star/Ultra/Voyager) for two-up road trips, would take care of all my needs.

(Notice I said 'take care of my needs'... it'd take 10-12 different bikes to take care of my desires!!)

I love the idea of an ST or FJR for touring, but prefer the lower seat/center of gravity of a cruiser, plus the wife likes a wrap-around throne!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tested a Fury today and really enjoyed the ride but not enough to give up my 1800. But it was an easy ride and will be definitely interested in getting one later.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
No, i already have what i wanted in the VTX1800. I dont want another similar bike unless i traded. Then it would be for an upgrade in hp and suspension or possibly touring.

As a new buyer i would at least give it a test ride. I dont care for "choppers" anyway unless its just a mild rake. I would rather build a pro street kit bike before i bought any available chopper.

When i add a bike i want it as different as possible but still hold it upto certain standards such as good brakes. Preferably an owner adjustable ECU also.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
You'll be waiting a REAL long time. :thumbup:

I thought about them. If I had the $$ to do it, maybe. .

I like the concept of it for an around the town scoot, but I want to keep my VTX-C for the longer rides, I've got that pretty well squared for comfort.

It's going to have to come down from it's 13-14 K price point though. :lol:

:doorag:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Now that would be nice. It would be down on power because of the single pin crank but not enough to talk about. And would sound cool as hell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts