Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the progressive 440's, let me mention that this is my third attempt at trying to get shocks. First set 412's hd were entirely too stiff and I hated the black adjuster at the bottom, sent them back ordered the 418's they never showd up called HDL and was told that they were damaged at the warehose and that I would have to wait a few weeks, forked over the extra bucks for the 440's to my suprise the ends are not chromed they are polished aluminum. Is this the norm or what? Purchased form HDL and the picture shows chromed covers, any others who orderd the 440's are your ends chromed?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I told you my model number on my 412's. Were they the same? Mine ARE chrome.

·
Registered
841 Posts
All the 440's I've seen, including mine, have been polished, not chrome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Brihvac,

What is the model number of your 412's? I am thinking of getting some and want to make sure I get the all chrome ones.

Thanks

Shane

·
Registered
15,774 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
housedad said:
Check the Progressive sight. They are now making chrome covers for the 440's. Hal should be able to get them if they are being distributed, yet.
That's an interesting development especially since they claim to sell Retrofit kits for those who don't want to buy a whole new set of shocks for the look.

AND also available in BLACK Chrome for folks like Adam, who've had black and will never go back!

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
All of the 412 for VTX1300 and 1800 have the C designation on the Progressive web site. Only the 418 or 440 have B or C. Still trying to figure out where those all chrome 412's came from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
shocks

Just put a new set of shocks on my bike and they ride great,just wish I could figure out how to post a pic of them :?: ,they are billet aluminum with chrome springs,air ride and fully adjustable :oops:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Looked a little closer at the progressive site. The 412 page shows the full chrome or chromed top and bottom as options - but I can't find part numbers for them. Here's the pic:

The 440 covers are listed under Tools/Accessories.

·
Registered
686 Posts
FoyleR said:
Looked a little closer at the progressive site. The 412 page shows the full chrome or chromed top and bottom as options - but I can't find part numbers for them. Here's the pic:

The 440 covers are listed under Tools/Accessories.
The 412's I have are identical to the ones on the bottom on the right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts