Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time a person ask me, why are you in a bike ?
I respond , because of my father !!! he started to running with me LOL ,, since I had 2 years old in his yamaha 125, 1969 , my parents doesn't have a car so all the job trips were in that great bike !! .... .. after 27 years Im still in a bike, my father left the bike away , but he still has a son on two wheels and with 10.4 times more cubic cms in hand !!

I love the ride !!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
My whole family rode at one point in time. They stopped for many years and I remained the only person that hadn't. So I had a curiosity and a desire to try it. Love it, will never leave it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
My Dad rode way back when there was nothing but Harley and Indian. He had an Cheif and he rode that bike all over the place. He actually rode in a gang back in the 30's. Well after all that he became a minister/Pastor. Well eight kids later now. In the late 70's I got my first bike. I showed it to him, and man he just started talking about when he rode. It was really a side of my Dad I had never seen or heard before.

Now he is gone. He died a good old age of 86 years, just two weeks ago and married for 65. Out of eight kids, I am the only one that got that side of his blood. The BLOOD TO RIDE. Yep I love to ride, and I will...well guess die riding. I ride to work everyday. I ride every single chance I get. Its in my blood, and before he passed away, I rode my bike from south Florida all the way to S.C. to see him, and said.."THANKS DAD."

tlyoungb

·
Registered
977 Posts
why? here is why.

I grew up in a neighborhood in Argentina were everybody had a bike. I got my first scooter when I was 12 years old (my eldest brother bought it on his name) and I rode without a license until I was old enough to get one. We used to make those 175 cc scooters fly!. It's been a long time and I never stopped riding motorcyles. I am 54 now. I like the wind in my face. The cold, the heat, the rain, everything. It makes feel alive and free. To me, bikes are a symbol of freedom, rebellion, brotherhood.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Cuz I can't drive my Jeep while riding on top.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Why aren't they?!?!?!? lol

I'm thinking my love affair with bikes goes back to Evil Kenievl. My room was filled with his toys...lol Well him and the Fonz.........

·
Registered
456 Posts
:twisted: .....to annoy people ! :twisted:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used to ride little dirtbikes when I was little, and I also got to ride on the back of my friends dad's Harley back in highschool. But I've always thought owning a cruiser would be cool. Ever since I can remember I would have recurring dreams that I was having the time of my life with my own cruiser, then I would wake up, thinking to myself, one of these days I really need to get one. The funny thing is, since I've been riding, I haven't had any more dreams about riding!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Because I enjoy it.

Next question?

·
Registered
332 Posts
My Dad rode way back when there was nothing but Harley and Indian. He had an Cheif and he rode that bike all over the place. He actually rode in a gang back in the 30's. Well after all that he became a minister/Pastor. Well eight kids later now. In the late 70's I got my first bike. I showed it to him, and man he just started talking about when he rode. It was really a side of my Dad I had never seen or heard before.

Now he is gone. He died a good old age of 86 years, just two weeks ago and married for 65. Out of eight kids, I am the only one that got that side of his blood. The BLOOD TO RIDE. Yep I love to ride, and I will...well guess die riding. I ride to work everyday. I ride every single chance I get. Its in my blood, and before he passed away, I rode my bike from south Florida all the way to S.C. to see him, and said.."THANKS DAD."

tlyoungb
Great story man. I ride cause of my dad too. He's still riding so I try to enjoy every moment I can with him.

So I could look like a bad @ss, did it work?
Yes. Yes it did. 8)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I first got on a bike at the age of 10. A Mavrick 50 that had a clutch and four gears. My family rode for many years. I've had numerous other dirt bikes but let it go in 1980.

Got a retro in August of 2003. Did not know I would like the road so much. I ride because I can.

Took my dad on a short run to celebrate his 75th birthday. He was all smiles once he was able to unpucker. :wink:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought a motorcycle before I bought a car. Rode throughout my college days and after I got married untill our first child was born in 1975. Didn't own a bike again untill 3 years ago. Bought a 750 spirit to get the feel back. Rode it one summer and then traded for the X. My wife usually is always on the back with me. We both enjoy getting out on the back country roads just cruising 'with no particular place to go'.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
yup , my dad got me started.
he has had bikes all his life,
i was only son that got the bike gene.

dirt biked til the doc told me to stop.

dad use to take me to a place outside Macon, Ga.,
called the peach orchid. this was in 1965.
they did dirt bike racing and hill climbing,
both amazed me i started racing in 1972,
forced to stop in 1988 after bad endo
at Gatorback outside of Gainseville , Fl.

had street bikes from 1974 to 1989 , which was
year i sold my heritage and walked away from riding.

don't know how i went 16 years without riding, up to my getting
my 05 1300R.
Jeebus :!: :!: thank you for pickin' me up and puttin'
me back on the right path. :p :wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
:D Here's a switch!! My son got me back up on it again. Had one back in 1959 in Japan..After returning to the states, got involved in family, career, etc..Bought my !300S in May 2004 and have been enjoying the freedom of the ride everyday since then.. 8) Oh, yeah, he has a BMW K1200RS(2002).. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
The feeling of freedom. Being in the wind. Leaning into a turn. The way it feels to just throw my leg over the bike. A long ride clears my head, no cage has ever done that for me. I can't imagine life without a bike.

X13

·
Registered
759 Posts
Because I lost me medical and can't fly anymore and riding is the closest to flying I can do. Oh that and I love the smells and temp changes you miss when in a cage.

George

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My Dad got me ridin too. Last year I was lookin at sports cars, he convinced me to look at bikes, bought my X after looking for about 2 weeks and haven't stopped smiling yet! :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts