Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I posted I have a complete one with all the parts they need and it is powder coated black, not the raw metal as it comes OEM. I posted my price of $225, this includes all the inserts, gaskets, bolts, nuts, etc. at $225 I am still losing money.

This person and 4 others jumped on in PMs with their high and mighty "it's used so it is only worth half" mentality.

first off it isn't used it is brand new, never installed and it is powder coated a nice shiny black which cost money
second they are on back order and retail is $150
third what moron made the rule that a used item can only sell for half the price of the same item new.

people are f-ing morons.
When listing used parts for sale, at the end of the ad, state price is firm, lower price offers won't be answered. This should stop the f-ing morons.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ain't a free market great?

We must truly have thin skins if we are so easily offended that a low offer upsets us. If the only offer you get is 50% of what the item is "worth", then it's worth more to you than anyone else, and you get to keep it. It's not the buyer's fault it's not worth the same to them.
When a buyer tries a low ball offer and you feel the price is fair value, stay firm on the price. People that shop and hunt for used stuff always want a good deal. Sometimes too good of a deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts