Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Never understood why IBM downgraded their consumer products and rebranded to Lenovo. I wonder how many billions they lost in sales. And how many billing they lose annually. Hilarious. At work, we were buying a new laptop. They asked me "Dell?" I asked if we can get IBM. They said "no, only Lenovo". I asked for Dell then.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Never understood why IBM downgraded their consumer products and rebranded to Lenovo. I wonder how many billions they lost in sales. And how many billing they lose annually. Hilarious. At work, we were buying a new laptop. They asked me "Dell?" I asked if we can get IBM. They said "no, only Lenovo". I asked for Dell then.
Lenovo/IBM same thing. IBM owns controlling shares of Lenovo.

IBM was losing money in the personal computer market, they went to Lenovo because Lenovo had the manufacturing ability and IBM went back to being a unique service technology, not a commodity dealer. their focus is on AI, Watson, cloud and mobility.

IBM never made a profit in the personal computer market, that is why they handed it off. Lenovo has done very well and I prefer Lenovo servers and laptops over Dell and HP, they are made better, they last longer, less failures, and their service is second to none, when I call Lenovo for a repair, it is handled quickly, done right, and in some cases a loaner is provided or they come on-site.

The Dell servers I have had even as recent as my last company had constant failures, brand new $40,000 servers and it burned through hard drives every couple of weeks, RAID arrays would just fail on multiple drives over night. Comparable Lenovo Think server running for several years with no issue or problems.

and don't get me started on the Dell or HP bloatware they install even on Business class desktops and laptops, Lenovo business class = no bloatware. designed for business so no pre-installed crap.

Reactions: rangers4u and Mduff

·
Registered
3 Posts
amazes me, I paid $150 for an OEM exhaust bracket, which my former Bubs exhaust used, I then had it powder coated for $40, I also had to buy all the inserts and bolts etc. so total out of pocket for me was around $240.

the original bracket I had was damaged and rusted, when I tore down the bike I originally was going to keep the Bubs, then changed my mind when I decided to de-chrome. And I got some freedom performance pipes in matte black.

someone on another VTX group is looking for the OEM bracket and all the related parts (which are all on back order) so they can go back to oem exhaust.

I posted I have a complete one with all the parts they need and it is powder coated black, not the raw metal as it comes OEM. I posted my price of $225, this includes all the inserts, gaskets, bolts, nuts, etc. at $225 I am still losing money.

This person and 4 others jumped on in PMs with their high and mighty "it's used so it is only worth half" mentality.

first off it isn't used it is brand new, never installed and it is powder coated a nice shiny black which cost money
second they are on back order and retail is $150
third what moron made the rule that a used item can only sell for half the price of the same item new.

people are f-ing morons.
It's called entitlement. Americans have this idea that they are entitled to your stuff for free but theirs is worth gold. With up coming shortages on the horizon we are in for a rude awakening.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
It's called entitlement. Americans have this idea that they are entitled to your stuff for free but theirs is worth gold. With up coming shortages on the horizon we are in for a rude awakening.
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club!
If you feel like, you can make an introductory post in the New Member section, tell us about yourself, your bike, whatever you choose (it is not mandatory). And don't forget to post pictures! We are suckers for pictures.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts