Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because when I want quick maneuvering, I can place my feet in the middle

When I want relaxed riding, I can just place my heels on the front of the floorboards.

But best of all, when I'm on the Highway going 95+ I can place the tips of my toes on the back of the floorboards, to give me a much more standard style of riding, much easier on the back to lean into the wind this way.

And oh yeah, that heel toe shifter is nifty too.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Does anybody else move their feet a little when they are about to scrape the floorboards on turns? I think it reverts back to my peg days and not wanting to get my foot caught between the peg and the ground. I know I don't have to move them, I just do. Habit...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I still do that. Maybe I'm just lovin these things because Its my first time having them and I've only ridden like 300 miles with them. Really helps for leaning in when going 100 or faster with no windshield.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Floorboards are ok, but I like that on my C the brake is right under my
right foot. I don't have to raise my foot first to hit the brake -- boom,
instant response.

My brother and I will probably be doing some long rides, and we will no
doubt switch bikes from time to time, and his has floorboards. Then I'll
have a more definite opinion on both arrangements.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have the C model and the Kury Switchblade pegs. If I'm not resting on the highway pegs I can tuck my heals into the open Switchblades. Works really well but probably not quite as well as the floorboards.

·
Registered
653 Posts
On long trips, you can hook your heels on the passenger pegs. It makes you look like a sport bike rider, but will give a new place for your feet for a little while.
That's the only thing the "C" needs for a loooonnngggg trip, an alternate place for your feet.
I've made several New Orleans to Daytona non-stops and one rnd trip to Palm Beach (870 mi). The bike just eats up highway miles! No problem with cross winds or "bow waves" off big trucks.

Dave '02 1800C

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Floorboards are just stately. Regal even. They hearken to another age, one steeped in tradition and the Golden Age of motorcycling. This is another reason why I chose the Retro. I love them so much I even replaced the second set of pegs in the rear of the bike with floorboards in case I wanted be royal-like and place my feet somewhere else (hehehe)!

P.S. Yes I move my feet too when I'm about scrape or am scraping -- but I don't think it is because I've owned peg'd bikes before, it's just your natural self-preservation kicking in!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nah, me and floorboards just wouldn't get along. This was last summer after going through Deals Gap with the new Metzlers on. I'm now almost up to the bolt head. I've got to get me some L&R forwards!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts