Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go around right hand turns there is a squealling sound coming from the wheel. Why ? I doesn't do it when turning left. Is that a sign of the rear wheel bearings going bad ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you have a chrome driveshaft cover, make sure the little zip tie isnt rubbing.

On a side note....How was trout season on Piney creek and Castleman???

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
How fast are you when it makes the noise? The tire can make a nice squeal noise when you go around turns. When my front wheel bearings were going bad, they made a pulsating whirrr...whirrr....whirrr type noise and this was while going straight. No squealing

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only noticed it when under 45mph. I was thinking I didn't hear it when going faster because wind sound drowned it out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My "flange bearing" caused my rear wheel to squeal under certain conditions (like turning). This is a documented design flaw that you should have checked.

Arkie

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Take a look and see if your rear tire is cupping, the cupping on the rear will squeel on hot pavement. :wink:

I've had a 200 Axe do it on mine, sounds like a squeeky fanbelt on a cage. :wink:

·
Registered
362 Posts
make sure your right floorboards are tight and all those bolts underneath there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.