Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on hold today for 45 min waiting to get prices on oil, filter and gear oil then the girl gave me the oil price for my VTX $95 and change then the filter price of $10 and change then we got disconnected I will be darned if I am going to call again to be on hold! I went for a ride on the bike instead of hitting redial. Time is money and wasted time on hold could be time enjoying 2 wheels. I dunno if anyone else has had this problem with amsoil but after that I think I'll just use my harley synthetic oil or mobil 1 fully synthetic. I use both in all my bikes and change them twice a year. Even though its fully synthetic no matter what brand would rather do it twice a year to be safe. I use synthetic in my car and truck too and only go 5,000 they ride better and I feel at ease changing my oil more often. Oil is cheap compared to a motor. NOTE: My 1983 Shadow had 127,000 on it and didn't burn a drop of oil and used many different full synthetics over the years and still purs like a kitten and has 150,000+ on her now. I call the guy regularly to see if she burns oil yet.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not to be an a$$ or anything, but you apparently have access to the internet and you can go to amsoil.com and look at prices to your heart's content.

I just changed my oil and it cost me slightly over $60 for four quarts of their new MCF motorcycle oil, one quart of gear lube, and an amsoil filter including shipping. Buying in bulk is cheaper, but I didn't have to money to buy a case of oil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry but i was told by 3 different people on here that I had to call the 800# and give a referel number to get the stuff didn't even think to goto the web site my bad.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I paid right around $155.00 + S & H for a case of the new Amsoil 10W-40, 4 oil filters, and a Qt. of the Amsoil severe gear 75W-90 final drive lube. The web site is good, or PM NC Brew and he'll hook you up. 8)

·
Registered
409 Posts
oil problems

Why go through all the hassle? Mobil 1 red cap 15w50 or the gold cap, purolater pureone 16410 filter or mobil 1 or bosch 3323 at any auto parts store and your good to go. none better, and you could spend more time riding instead of being on hold.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mobil 1 $22, filter $5...15 minutes.....back on the road.... :pepper1:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I feel the same way. Why would you wait for your oil to arrive in the mail when you can drive two miles down the road, pick up some Mobil 1, and change it yourself. Just doesnt make good sense to me, but obviously, it does to some. Theres certainly alot of Amsoil guys here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts