Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the top 5 reasons that causes someone to stop riding and get rid of their motorcycle. If you can avoid these reasons you'll be riding for a good part of your life. What caught my attention of this video was the picture of the guy walking off with a girl and leaving the motorcycle behind.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i liked the video but listening to that guy was getting on my nerves. i lost my two best riding partners in the last few years, not to illness in themselves, but illness of family members, and they are the only ones to care for them. when my kids were little i gave up riding for a time, because i was the only means of support and didn't feel the chance was worth it. as to what the woman wants, when she says "it's either me or that god damn bike" and you have to go outside and look at the bike first, you will have your answer right there.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked the video but listening to that guy was getting on my nerves. When my kids were little i gave up riding for a time, because i was the only means of support and didn't feel the chance was worth it. as to what the woman wants, when she says "it's either me or that god damn bike" and you have to go outside and look at the bike first, you will have your answer right there.
Cruza can talk a little wild at times but I like his videos. It's understandable when a young guy gets married and starts a family he has a lot of responsability and has to give up his motorcycle. I've seen some guys return to riding later in life.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
166 Posts
I quit for a bit when my kids were born, rode dirt bikes and quads but not street. I had a hole in my life until I started riding again. Been full tilt since then, love the long trips on the bike!!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I had 5 bikes before I got married. Never had a really good paying job, so when we started to build our home, I needed the $. 28 years later, I was at the point I could afford a used bigger bike. As long as I can still throw a leg over and get her off the KS, she isn't costing me $ or going anywhere, and she's there if I want to ride.

·
Premium Member
9,289 Posts
i liked the video but listening to that guy was getting on my nerves. i lost my two best riding partners in the last few years, not to illness in themselves, but illness of family members, and they are the only ones to care for them. when my kids were little i gave up riding for a time, because i was the only means of support and didn't feel the chance was worth it. as to what the woman wants, when she says "it's either me or that god damn bike" and you have to go outside and look at the bike first, you will have your answer right there.
My wife and I agree that ultimatums are dangerous, because it results in one party making a hasty decision that is in the best interest of only one person. Inevitably this results in resentment at a minimum, or a complete loss at a peak.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife told me I had to get rid of a rock crawler or she’d leave, I told her I’d miss her but ok :LOL: she was spitting mad.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
same as the others here, I walked away from riding when I became a father, more specifically a single father with 100% custody and the sole provider.

My wife has no real issue with the bike or me having one or more. She won't ride on it, but that is not unexpected she hates roller coasters, busses, airplanes, trains, and anything she isn't in control of. doesn't even like being a passenger in a car (including mine) but she deals with that.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife loves to ride, has her own which I sold the rock crawler to buy. She rode on the back of my Wing over 5,000 miles in June without a peep (other than traffic)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My wife loves to ride, has her own which I sold the rock crawler to buy. She rode on the back of my Wing over 5,000 miles in June without a peep (other than traffic)
not mine. however I have a few female friends that are cool with it, and the wife is fine with them riding with me as long as that is all it is.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
not mine. however I have a few female friends that are cool with it, and the wife is fine with them riding with me as long as that is all it is.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Thats just dangerous, man!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I did not watch the video but, I was there once with the love of my young life. And I'm talking about an absolutely beautiful woman. The fact that she would put me in that situation pissed me off much more than the thought of giving up the bikes. Never give up your free will. A woman that demands that will steal your soul.

·
Registered
I Ride
87 Posts
I did not watch the video but, I was there once with the love of my young life. And I'm talking about an absolutely beautiful woman. The fact that she would put me in that situation pissed me off much more than the thought of giving up the bikes. Never give up your free will. A woman that demands that will steal your soul.
A woman's looks fade but my bikes look the same everyday...lol
But yeah man, they will steal your soul and you will end up hating her. It happened to me and I will never do that again. My current gf walked up one day and said "will you take me for a ride? It's been a long time and I like a man that rides." I think I might keep this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are the top 5 reasons that causes someone to stop riding and get rid of their motorcycle. If you can avoid these reasons you'll be riding for a good part of your life. What caught my attention of this video was the picture of the guy walking off with a girl and leaving the motorcycle behind.
"In this video, five reasons that you quit your motorcycle, but I'm going to refute each one...Ok, Number 5, Health reasons, you go blind from diabetes..."
WTF?
I probably missed out on some genuine rhetorical genius or the stock tip of the century, but I couldn't help it, my auditory reception involuntarily shut down.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Couldn't stand the guy speaking. Couldn't watch more than 20 seconds.
Yep....really annoying delivery and he comes off really immature.

I've heard "my wife won't let me" over and over again, and have never been able to understand being OK with a woman putting such conditions on a relationship. If you are raising young ones, I get it, and personally wouldn't need to be asked, but would give up at least the street riding for my kid.

The good point made in the video is how heartbreaking it can be for someone to give up something they love, and to resist doing so if you can. I gave up riding for about 4 years, for practical reasons, mostly due to where I lived, and not having a place for my bike (small apartment with only crowded street parking). As soon as my situation changed, I bought one, and now own two.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep....really annoying delivery and he comes off really immature.

I've heard "my wife won't let me" over and over again, and have never been able to understand being OK with a woman putting such conditions on a relationship. If you are raising young ones, I get it, and personally wouldn't need to be asked, but would give up at least the street riding for my kid.

The good point made in the video is how heartbreaking it can be for someone to give up something they love, and to resist doing so if you can. I gave up riding for about 4 years, for practical reasons, mostly due to where I lived, and not having a place for my bike (small apartment with only crowded street parking). As soon as my situation changed, I bought one, and now own two.
Your point is taken. I lived in North Dallas for 5 years and rode my 74' CB500 on Central Expressway...once. Yikes! Still terrifying after 35 years.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've heard "my wife won't let me" over and over again, and have never been able to understand being OK with a woman putting such conditions on a relationship.

The good point made in the video is how heartbreaking it can be for someone to give up something they love, and to resist doing so if you can.
I remember hearing Prince Harry giving up hunting because Meghan Markle did'nt like the sport. Very sad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts