Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife is thinking about a C50 Suzuki Boulevard.

Ive done a little searching, but didnt find an Owners Association like this one. Does anyone know of a decent board out there to research this bike and look for a good used bike?

Thanks,
Ken J

·
Registered
700 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Volusia Riders -- YES!!

Intruder Alert -- no f/n way. Way too much 'tude against the Volusias.

The Volusia is the name of the C50 prior to them
changing the lineup name to Boulevard. You'll find
I've been a member over there for a few years now,
as the Volusia was my 1st bike ever.

When the wife and I started fighting over who rides the bike, I
passed on the Volusia to her and got my X.

She has the Suzi now, we're both members over there as well
as several others here, and it's a pretty good place to meet up
and ride with other folks.

Check out my website: http://jimysan.com

99% of all the pics on my site are folks I met on the VR board.
Great bunch of people in Florida.

Feel free to PM for any questions about the C50.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I had the opportunity to get some miles on a C50 while doing a version of the Hoppe fairing for it-was unbelieveably impressed. That bike has so much bang for the buck with disc up front, softail suspension, shaft drive, fuel injection, fiberglass fenders, great paint quality etc. etc. Two things that surprised me the most is how it didn't feel like a small bike, when you swing a leg on it there is no way you would guess an 800cc bike-it sits more like a 1300 X. The other thing was the slow speed handling-that thing was perfect! I could take it in a slow speed contest through pilons and probably empty the wallets of just about anything but a Road King or sportbike rider. Eventually you would find yourself wanting more power, but for that price it's the best thing around in the mid-sized market and I still believe the C40 (Suzuki Savage 650 single) is the best "first bike" ever made. (And I'm not even a Suzuki fan :wink: )

·
Registered
301 Posts
My wife had an '04 Volusia and could never get comfortable on it...she was always in a high, leaning far forward position to be happy and the bars were really wide. In the end we ended selling it and buying a 750 Aero which is much more comfortable. The Vol was much faster, but she's not too worried about it since she couldn't keep up with me on the X anyway.

While it's a good bike, I would make sure she sits on a bunch of different bikes that are similar size and find what's comfortable...otherwise you'll be going through tons of different seat/riser/bar combinations trying to adjust the bike.

·
Registered
782 Posts
morleyz said:
My wife had an '04 Volusia and could never get comfortable on it...she was always in a high, leaning far forward position to be happy and the bars were really wide. In the end we ended selling it and buying a 750 Aero which is much more comfortable. The Vol was much faster, but she's not too worried about it since she couldn't keep up with me on the X anyway.

While it's a good bike, I would make sure she sits on a bunch of different bikes that are similar size and find what's comfortable...otherwise you'll be going through tons of different seat/riser/bar combinations trying to adjust the bike.
He has a point. My wife is 5'4" and after the 4 inch risers and 2 inch lowering, she fell in love with it.
No problem with the bars being too wide though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts