Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants to trade up from her Volusia to get a 1300VTX but she is really short.

What aftermarket seat will give her the lowest seat height?

We are also thinking about lowering the bike a tad, but do not want to forfeit to much lean angle.

All suggestion will be appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
WIFE

I don't know of any seat that will lower her seating, but I can tell you that the MUSTANG will definately raise her. I beleive the ULTIMATE is lower than the MUSTANG but I beleive NOT lower than the stock.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
549 Posts
mustang

go with the mustang seat

·
Registered
317 Posts
How short is she? I'm 5-5 (but claim 5-6 8) ) and have no problem. If you read the notes about the Ultimate Lowrider, it says it lowers you 1" from stock. Add some (shorter than stock) Progressives and you can get a little more. Consider adding new risers though. I did and it helped to ease the reach...went with 4" Aeromachs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My Girlfriend is 5"3" and I ordered a seat for her from Corbin. Gave them her
height, weight and inseam measurements and they built the seat accordingly.
They lowered it 1" and moved the driver 1" forward. Also narrowed the nose of the seat a little. She loves the seat and has no problems with reach. I did however add risers to bring the bars back a little for her. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ride a VTX 1300 C and am 5'3. One of the reasons I bought the "C" over the Retro was because of the seat height. I could sit flat footed on the bike without my riding boots on. I believe the seat on the VTX is a bit narrower than the one on the Volusia which will give her a little more reach to the ground. Also be sure and check out her reach to the handlebars, I found it to be quite a stretch for me so the very first thing I put on my bike was a set of Thinman 3" Risers and it made a world of difference in comfort and handling.

Hope this helps and I know she will love her VTX just like the rest of us :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
you could probably talktoto del at ultimate seats and see if can do something for you. maybe take out a little more foam on the bottom, and add a little in the rear to move her closer to the bars.

·
Registered
151 Posts
5'2"??

My best friend's wife is 5'2" and she can straddle my VTX 1300R and get it set upright on the two wheels. I have stock suspension, with a Mustang two piece wide touring seat.

Let her get the X!

Rufus

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife is 5'2". I put a Ultimate seat, lowered the shocks 1 inch (Sons of Thunder $67.00) and put Flanders Roadglide handlebars on it. Flanders bars have an extra 4 inches of pullback.

G

·
0 Posts
The Ultimate Lowrider will lower the seat height by 1". Really makes a difference. Also moves you forward about an inch. Add some 6" risers and she should be fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
FastEddieS said:
I dont know much about the seat thing............But she looks great in Chaps
I'm surprised I had to page down that far before someone made a comment. :lol: I didn't see a thing. :shock:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am 5'3" and have no problem what so ever with the stock seat, except the comfort factor (or lack there of). I can reach the ground, put both feet flat and still have my knees bent a bit and reach the handlebars with no problem (I don't have risers). For comfort, I did order the Ultimate lowrider on Monday - it will be delivered Friday and I can't wait ! Talk about good service ! I was able to sit on an Ultimate before I ordered mine and it was sweet !
She will never be sorry she got a 1300 ! ! ! :mcrider:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Buy her a VTX!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
You Forgot Something . . . .

You didn't mention if she has sat on some to try. If not, go try one on for size. All the opinions in the world aren't as good as one try-on.
You don't say where you live, but people on this board are helpful and those nearby with custom seats would probably be glad to PM you an address or a meeting place and let her come by and try the fit.

The factory seat is sort of strange. What detracts from its comfort, although it is not bad to me (I have built-in extra padding on my backside), is it is very tapered. If you sit forward, the seat narrows quite a bit.

My wife is 5'1" and she can get both feet flat on the ground on my 2004 Retro. The C is supposed to be lower, although it felt taller to me. Might be that taper thing again.

Reaching the bars might be another story. Most women have longer inseams and sleeve lengths than men. I can barely reach the bars comfortably, and she finds them too close. Even though I'm 5'10", I sit all the way back and have 1"shorter arms than she does.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Corbin "Young Guns" seat. It is diffinetly lower and holds you closer to the bars. Also get the little women the 6" risers to bring the bars 1.5" further back for better control.. Hal carries two or three types...Rivco, Aeromach and another.

I have had two young guns and though they feel harder than stock, I find them fine for the 150-200 mile day runs. They do a nice snakeskin model avail in three colors, Black/Red/or grey. I hope Corbin does a YG for 1300's .. tx PR Ebay sometimes list them. Make sure condition is top notch though if price is less than $250.00 because they now list for $395-$425.00

PS: Set the shock adjustment to #1 for the lowest setting and this will afect seat height. #2 at the most should do for a 150lb person.

Some dealers have a "Young Gun" seat in stock.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I ride a VTX1300C......Black of course... :lol: :lol:

I am 5'. Hipshot put 11" Progressive Shocks. Made a world of difference. I can flat foot it. :lol: :p :lol: :p

I also still have the stock seat. Waiting for Hipshot to modify a VTX1300 Retro seat I bought. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
289 Posts
i'm 5'7 and i have the ultimate lowrider and 11 in progressive suspension and my knees are bent at a stop light.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts