Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dum question but a seat for a 1800 just became available but I have one on the 1300 I’m getting rid of, plus I haven’t picked up the 1800 yet and time is short to buy the seat.

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
A good craftsman can make anything fit any other thing. How good a craftsman are you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Not that great without a lot of machining tools. Probably should just buy 1800 seat and sell 1300 seat. Duh! Just thought of it.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
no, the fuel tanks and fenders are different, so the shape at those points will never line up.

The F is a "unicorn" in the sense that it has a different tank than all the other models due to the digital dash, so the dash shape and mount is different, and the rear fender has a "hump" that the other models don't.

a lot of "C" parts fit the "F", but when it comes to the tank, seat, and electronics. the "F" needs "F" specific parts. though 2007 "C" tank and electronics are the same, as Honda was clearing out the parts bins due to the VTX being end of life, so they made C models and F models with mixed and matched parts.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I can get parts from 07 Cs also? I’ve only had a 1300 R before. Is there a link somewhere on what is compatible?

·
Old Goat
26,673 Posts
So I can get parts from 07 Cs also? I’ve only had a 1300 R before. Is there a link somewhere on what is compatible?
I use here to check fitment….and buy parts….others have their favorites…good luck

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
no real links. I just rebuilt my 2005 F and compiled a list due to issues finding parts.

The 2007 C and 2005-2008 F use the same tank, dash design, and wiring harness. the 2006 C has a different "cluster" than the F, but the tank dash design is the same, 2007 uses the same digital cluster as the F. so gas tanks from 2005-2008 F and 2006-2007 C are interchangeable, F tanks are hard to find, this opens a few more options, but they are a unicorn and VERY expensive.

2005-2008 F body parts are all interchangeable, tanks, fenders, side panels, etc. with all F models.

Foot controls are the same all years for the C and F

Brakes calipers are interchangeable for all years all models HOWEVER the rear caliper is different 2002-2004 the hose comes up the back of the caliper, where 2005 forward it comes over the top, so if you change them out you have to also change the rear hose from the portioning valve to the caliper.

Forks are the same all 1800 models, the only differences are the Spec 2 and 3 have "fat fork" covers where older models (pre 2004) and Spec 1 do not. But the Forks themselves are the same. as are the triple trees, bearings, etc.

2005-2008 F, N, and 2006-2007 C use the same rear shock and shock mount, 2002-2004 and all year R/S/T use a different shock and shock mount HOWEVER you can use the older shocks and shock mounts, I have 2004 C mounts and shocks on my F, reason being in 2006 no one made any aftermarket shocks for the F, so I used aftermarket shocks made for the C and purchased the older shock mounts, when I replaced them with air shocks I just ordered "C" shocks since I already had the C shock mounts.

hand controls are the same all models.

If I think of other stuff I will post it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts