Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the cobra mini sissy bar http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =465312801 my Question is will this work with the existing cobra saddle bag supports that I have on bike right now. from the pictures I looked at on www.Denniskirk.com it looks like the stock fender trim ha to come off and that would stink cause the seat is bolted to it. If you have the 06 1300 c and bought this set up please let me know were and what parts.

second is has anyone tried the kury Swing Wings I'm 6'5" and need all the leg room i can get. heading out on 4 day trip to New York with brother in Aug and need loads of upgrades. Thanks to all you guys and gals for any info

·
Registered
186 Posts
It works.

There are various spacers that you will have to use. They are supplied.

I no longer have that setup (went with easy brackets) but it is good.

Just make sure you get the right one for the C. The first one I received was for a C model, and the bolt spacing was different.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I have the Cobra short sissy bar/luggage rack & the Cobra saddle-bag supports on my 04 1300c. You will need longer bolts - should be supplied but I had to buy mine since I bought all of this stuff used. The brackets on the sissy bar sit on the outside of the fender rails. I am using some thin nylon washers that I bought at Ace hardware between the brackets & the fender rails to keep them from rubbing.

& it was a pain in the arse to hold everything up while trying to mount all these together & not scratch anything. :x My advice is get an extra set of hands to help out. Beer is cheap, paint & bodywork is spendy. :wink:

Like RCR_29 said, make sure you order the sissy bar for the 1300c.

pic in sig line...

Dave~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts